Calve pics.

Help Support CattleToday:

Roadapple":znvqtmq0 said:
Well if nobody else will say it, I will. Dang nice looking calves.

Thanks buddy!
I really did wish to here peoples opinion, regardless good or bad because I call it education!

Can't say I could educate you on your cattle or any for that matter, but I do know good breeding when I see it. Those are some nice looking calves.That bull and the mothers are doing their job.

Very nice! I must say that green forage looks great also! You must have some cows with a bit of char in them.
Typically MG bulls, mated to any red or black cow, will have calves that turn out to be some
shade of chocolate---from hershey to cocoa. Good looking calves---you should put one of them
in your freezer!

OK Jeanne":1uajpzjt said:
Very nice! I must say that green forage looks great also! You must have some cows with a bit of char in them.
Typically MG bulls, mated to any red or black cow, will have calves that turn out to be some
shade of chocolate---from hershey to cocoa. Good looking calves---you should put one of them
in your freezer!

Thanks again everyone for the comments!
I do not consider myself a guru in raising beef at this point, however am trying to learn! Actually my wife gets mad at me because I spend a lot of time and effort in the evening reading about grass and genetics.

Actually Ok Jeanne, I don't have any Char that I am aware of. Here is actually what I did as far as genetics.

I started out with crossed cows having Murray grey, Red Angus and Angus crosses. I used a Gelbveih bull, then a Shorthorn Bull and still not being satisfied, went to a Gelbveih/ Murray cross bull and this is where I got really excited about the Murray's. This created quite a mixture of colors, but now it gives me the opportunity to watch and see which genetics will cross best with Murrays.
I can tell you anything with Red Angus blood is doing the best so far! I did just purchase 7 registered Murrays as well, so we will see what we can make happen there as well.
I know this was not much of a plan but rather searched untill I found the type I felt would perform well for me!
And yes one is headed for the freezer!!

Sorry about the long winded explanation!

hrbelgians":1bd4ngka said:
OK Jeanne":1bd4ngka said:
in your freezer!

Thanks again everyone for the comments!
I do not consider myself a guru in raising beef at this point, however am trying to learn! Actually my wife gets mad at me because I spend a lot of time and effort in the evening reading about grass and genetics.

Actually Ok Jeanne, I don't have any Char that I am aware of. Here is actually what I did as far as genetics.

I started out with crossed cows having Murray grey, Red Angus and Angus crosses. I used a Gelbveih bull, then a Shorthorn Bull and still not being satisfied, went to a Gelbveih/ Murray cross bull and this is where I got really excited about the Murray's. This created quite a mixture of colors, but now it gives me the opportunity to watch and see which genetics will cross best with Murrays.
I can tell you anything with Red Angus blood is doing the best so far! I did just purchase 7 registered Murrays as well, so we will see what we can make happen there as well.
I know this was not much of a plan but rather searched untill I found the type I felt would perform well for me!
And yes one is headed for the freezer!!

Sorry about the long winded explanation!

Ok Jeanne,
I am sorry, you are right!
After I made this last post, I went and got my old records to verify I am right, and found out I was wrong. One of the original cows was in fact a char cross cow. She was not a consistent producer, so after the second calf (3rd year) I put out of mind out of sight, however kept two of her offspring in the herd (which was probably dumb), so I would have a few out there with char 3-4 generations back on the maternal side. The amazing thing is her grandaughters are calving every year!
Thanks for keeping me on my toes!!

Latest posts