Calming Drug

Help Support CattleToday:

redluv":r3g14hhb said:
We've used ace before, just to take the edge off, especially at the first show. Obviously not drugging them up so much they're slow in the ring. I 'd rather have my calf drugged as a precaution (especially if they're nervous) than having it spook at something, get loose and possibly get shot because we couldn't catch it.

Well, I can honestly say I've never been to a show where they shoot loose cattle.

Cowboy 2.0":2gnkdvi0 said:
redluv":2gnkdvi0 said:
We've used ace before, just to take the edge off, especially at the first show. Obviously not drugging them up so much they're slow in the ring. I 'd rather have my calf drugged as a precaution (especially if they're nervous) than having it spook at something, get loose and possibly get shot because we couldn't catch it.

Well, I can honestly say I've never been to a show where they shoot loose cattle.
I can't remember how many years ago it was, but at AK-SAR-BEN some kid's steer spooked in the tie-outs and took off. The show was in the middle of Omaha and the steer ran through some busy streets and almost made it to the airport. The police shot it.

Cowboy 2.0":mfkdjdwe said:
redluv":mfkdjdwe said:

Happened in Georgia two years ago, Angus bull got loose and security went nuts chasing it made things worse (!) and sheriffs ended up shooting him.....