Calman-

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom":3d55r2vk said:
Did the fires miss you? Let's hope it rains on Sunday.

sb

The fires were just about a mile north of my house,but it,s still burning at our place in montague.Got the cows to a safe place but a lot of our neighbors were not lucky.It.s just unbelievable.I,m just not wanting to
see the effects in the morning.Probably at least a mile of fence.
I,m wondering about texas gal it went right through her area also. It,s just not a pretty sight.

Cal

Thank's for your concern it is deeply apreciated. I'm going back to the montague place this morn to check.When I left last night the woods were burning but I dont think it will cross the fields. Thank God the wind changed to the North and died down.I moved all cattle to a safe place so they will be okay.Most could happen is 40 acres of woods and about 3 mi of fence,
When I left last night we had cattle drifting in from every direction and some were burnt.a very sad sight.
I'm going back up to check.

Cal

heres hoping your cattle are ok.i know its a sick sight to watch the fires just roll through everything.replacing fences aint a fun job.be safe as your checking on things.

Thanks everyone,I really appreciate it.
I just got home hoping I got the last hotspot out.Been fighting fire all day.Just found out this morning two of my neighbors up by montague refused to leave their homes,and didn't make it.
Looks like that all the damage we had was lost several bales of hay and about a mile of fence.
All around us it looks like it's been nuked.You just wouldnt believe the burned houses,barns and tractors,equipment and vehicles.
After most all night and all day today I have come to the conclusion that I'm getting to old for this.

Cal

I'm sorry Cal for you and your neighbors loss. Life can be real tough at times.

We got back from our place. We are about 3 miles off of 101. I think if I would have known how close the fires were I would have been a basket case. We saw several groups of wild hogs. I wonder if they have relocated to our area due to the fires. Did any of your cows get so burnt you had to shoot them?

Latest posts