• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Called It

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Was feeding the pairs with my hubby this evening. He put them in the upper corral to get ready for branding on Sunday, doubt if we will though.
Well I asked him if it was possible to put them in the small pasture just outside of the corral. He was already thinking of that. Great. :D
Told him we have a "hot" cow in there and she was driving the bulls crazy.

I called it. Looked to the left and our herd bull, Red, decided he was in love and jumped the gate seperating him from the pairs. We ran into the corral and he was now half over the gate.

Not a good pic but if you look over my hubby's left shoulder you can see part of our bull over the gate. He got his hind feet on the gate rails and made it over. Then he had to be chased into a different pen because calving for next year doesn't start yet. :D

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Am I mistaken or did I hear your hubbys utter something rather loud. Shoot. Shot. Couldn't exactly make it out cause his back was to me.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I luv herfrds":wd1xamw9 said:
Jo what he was saying would show up as "be nice." :lol2:

Yeh, but I'm also wondering if it was because he got out or cause you called it right. ;-) :lol2: :lol2:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
grannysoo":2ndb3jvp said:
I had a bull that could compete in the olympic hi-jump competition one time. He grew wheels...

Did you cross him with a deer strain?

One of my neighbors must have bought it. All the rest of us are willing to pitch in for chrome wheels, axles and load range g tires.

This bull can also compete in any long jump. You ought to see him go across cattle guards and clear the closed gate in the middle.

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I think it was along the lines of both Jo. :lol2: Then our new bull was thinking of trying the same thing. Hubby ran an electrical wire over the top of the gate.

hillsdown

Reaction score
Typical male, all common sense goes out the window when there is a pretty girl around............. :roll:

Pretty girl :lol2: any ole cow who is,,,,,, well,,,,,,,,, :p

TexasBred

Reaction score
hillsdown":3ktfdaeg said:
Typical male, all common sense goes out the window when there is a pretty girl around............. :roll:

Pretty girl :lol2: any ole cow who is,,,,,, well,,,,,,,,, :p

Well you do remember that "love is blind". :lol: :lol:

grannysoo

Reaction score
backhoeboogie":hw5ugi2a said:
grannysoo":hw5ugi2a said:
I had a bull that could compete in the olympic hi-jump competition one time. He grew wheels...

One of my neighbors must have bought it. All the rest of us are willing to pitch in for chrome wheels, axles and load range g tires.

This bull can also compete in any long jump. You ought to see him go across cattle guards and clear the closed gate in the middle.

I'm not sure where the wheels took him, but if he couldn't jump it, he would ride it, push it, pull it, root it, or whatever it took to get him where he wanted to go. The day before he left, he destroyed my portable corral (panels). Got his head under it and bent the be nice out of it getting out.

CattleHand

Reaction score
grannysoo":2odc52gy said:
backhoeboogie":2odc52gy said:
grannysoo":2odc52gy said:

I'm not sure where the wheels took him, but if he couldn't jump it, he would ride it, push it, pull it, root it, or whatever it took to get him where he wanted to go. The day before he left, he destroyed my portable corral (panels). Got his head under it and bent the be nice out of it getting out.

yea they sure to go whereever they want. We had a bull in the barn getting ready to sell. He stuck his head between two chained gates and just lifted them up. pretty cool to watch him do it. i went inside and just said "well the bull isnt in the barn anymore".

Your long jumping bull... wow.

showing71

Reaction score
Where I interned, we had a bull try and jump a 6 ft. sucker rod fence in the middle of the night. His rear legs got caught, and he got hung up. By the time we got to work the next morning, he was dead. We told the boys there (it was a 4-h program for troubled boys) that's what happens when you think with the wrong parts. Their faces were priceless.

spoon

Reaction score
What strikes me most about this picture is that we are wearing short pants and mowing the yard and getting ready to bale hay soon and y'all are still wearing coats, gloves and have snow on the ground. As beautiful as it is up there, it ain't that beautiful. Y'all are tough!!!

bigbull338

Reaction score
you can tell spring is in the air.esp when crazy bulls decide to jump in with hot cows.hope the bull is ok.

showing71

Reaction score
I luv herfrds":2307r1gk said:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: get a picture showing71?
No, I wish I would have. The best part was the kids who saw him in the alley after we got him down. They were freaked out. We had to cover him with a tarp so those city kids weren't all grossed out :roll: . Plus the people who worked at the cottages on the farm kept calling and telling us a "cow" was dead in the alleyway.

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
bigbull he must be ok. He kept sticking his head over the gate today. Had to yell at him a couple of times while we were branding. Must have got zapped by the electrical wire above the gate, he didn't try to jump the gate again.