California IOU's trading on E-Bay

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty smart move on their part. I wonder how many people are now left with a worthless piece of paper that they cannot redeem. Could this be a harbinger of something bigger yet to come?

Jogeephus":az074wfh said:
Lammie":az074wfh said:
"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

Ok Wimpy. :lol2: :lol2: Thought it was Thursday though.

I could have sworn it was Tuesday. I was a big Popeye fan back in the day...

Tuesday. Pretty sure.
Notice that the state requirements establish reporting requirements. Thus, sale of a state IOU will be appropriately taxed. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :cowboy:

The "Golden State" is now the "Gold-Less State", or so it seems. I doubt anyone will sell on Ebay yet as there are at least two banks that will allow deposits of the IOU's as cash at least until Friday the 11th. So why would anyone take less than 100% for them at this point?

Jalopy":7b9segk4 said:
The "Golden State" is now the "Gold-Less State", or so it seems. I doubt anyone will sell on Ebay yet as there are at least two banks that will allow deposits of the IOU's as cash at least until Friday the 11th. So why would anyone take less than 100% for them at this point?
Same one's that exchange food for whatever.

1982vett":23vmroae said:
Jalopy":23vmroae said:
Same one's that exchange food for whatever.

I am not sure of the reference that you are making. What I was referring to was that Bank of America and Wells Fargo both allowed that they would accept the IOU'S as same as cash for deposit until Friday. After that I assume they are not going to back the California State coffers.

As for GRanchers suggestion of using them to pay taxes it seems logical to me that they would have to accept them. Therefore they probably wouldn't. :lol2: :lol2: