California Flooding

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of truth in what you are saying. I read a good article about this dam and how they had plans to build other dams to take the pressure off this one dam but none of these were ever built because they funneled the money to social projects and also because of the grief they were given by the environmental groups who tied everything up with lawsuits.

In an attempt to get both sides of the story I read another article published in California and after reading it I had to scratch my head in wonder because they said everyone was wrong and there was nothing to be concerned about because the dam was not failing! Only the spillway. (I think to understand this reasoning one would have to eat one of those supersized boxes of crayons to even get a glimmer of what they were talking about)

M-5":2ex3592u said:
boondocks":2ex3592u said:
M-5":2ex3592u said:
[

Just as you can advocate for criminals. I can advocate for their sorry azzes to go back where they belong and come here the right way. I'm curious how many illegal aliens you have on your farm. I suggest you take down all your fences takes the locks off your doors after all they are humans and should have free access to your land home and property.

I'm not advocating for criminals, and I certainly don't hire any. (Although a few of these good ol' boys around here I'm sure have spent a night or two in the slammer). I'm about as law-and-order a person as you could meet. I don't support illegal immigration but I also don't support hoping people (whether here legally or not) get wiped out in a disastrous flood. Guess you don't believe in karma. I do, very strongly.

Did I miss something? Are the only people in the path of the flood "criminals?"

Ma'am , your confused , Show me where I said I wished anything except that the Illegal aliens go back to where they belong. Let me give you a little info. California IS BROKE... They were told 12 yrs ago the dam needed repairs .... all you see and hear is how they are funding sanctuary cities, encouraging illegals to come there, therefore they spent millions on people that should not be here. With a little deductive reasoning a person should be able to figure that if they were not using the money to harbor criminals they might have had a few dollars to do some repairs and this story would have never happened. My comment that said "they shouldn't have spent all that money on them dam illegals" didn't say a word about people getting hurt. Good day :tiphat:

You expressed no concern for those in harms' way and certainly implied Californians were getting what they deserved. You could argue the same thing about people that build in flood plains, or don't put up smoke detectors and burn up their whole families, etc. Clearly, mistakes were made (by multiple governors of both parties). But how about let's not turn e.v.e.r.y. s.i.n.g.l.e. t.h.r.e.a.d. into "illegals caused every single wrong thing that ever happened anywhere." And how about let's hope no one gets hurt. :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts