calf wont take the bottle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

i bought a calf from a salebarn for my kids i havent raised any before and im not to familiar with them ... the calf wouldnt take the bottle that night but the following morning it took about 2 quarts by that evening it wouldnt take it again is this normal? or is there something i need to try im not sure how old he is but hes not to old this is my kids calf and i am willing to try anything also i have been told that it is better to have 2 calfs instead of just one for friendship issues is this true?

[email protected]

Tw ocalves are better then a single because of the socilization. Have some one show you how to use an esophogeal feeder. You gotta keep nurishment in the calf.

dun

> i bought a calf from a salebarn
> for my kids i havent raised any
> before and im not to familiar with
> them ... the calf wouldnt take the
> bottle that night but the
> following morning it took about 2
> quarts by that evening it wouldnt
> take it again is this normal? or
> is there something i need to try
> im not sure how old he is but hes
> not to old this is my kids calf
> and i am willing to try anything
> also i have been told that it is
> better to have 2 calfs instead of
> just one for friendship issues is
> this true?

Depending on how much you calf and kids are together you might or might not need another one. Last summer I'd let the orphan calf we had follow me around during the day while I was checkin stuff at the house or doing chores I was his "mom" and he followed me and socialized just like he would a cow. But with the feeding I'd tube feed him til he gets the night feeding down, and then sometimes they just aren't hungry enough. Good luck Jake

[email protected]

Latest posts