calf wont drink???

Help Support CattleToday:

ivan.strilk

Reaction score
Igot an angus heifer calf that was a little smalll....the guy shipped it to me ...and after that it was scouring.....it refuse todrink colustrum....so i had to tube feed it...the next morning i gave it Baytril and Primor scour tablets...it still refuses to drink after 3 days of tablets...and tube feeding.....what could be the problem?

What are you tube feeding it, and how much? It could be full, or some get spoiled and lazy and won't nurse, it never nursed in the first place.

ivan.strilk":3ikdhbj1 said:
Igot an angus heifer calf that was a little smalll....the guy shipped it to me ...and after that it was scouring.....it refuse todrink colustrum....so i had to tube feed it...the next morning i gave it Baytril and Primor scour tablets...it still refuses to drink after 3 days of tablets...and tube feeding.....what could be the problem?
Be careful not to let your frustration become anger with calf. If she senses your anger it will only scare her and she will not eat if terrified.
A friend of ours had scour trouble big time, he finally gave something that was very thick and the scour stopped.(Arrest I think it was called).
Valerie

Latest posts