Calf with red around the eyes?

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score

This eye is the worst eye for red but the other one has some red in it also. I've never seen this before and should we treat it or just leave it alone? Calf is healthy and normal looking besides it's eyes.

TennesseeTuxedo":1uyvefca said:
Mark of the beast, 666, the devil's spawn.

I have a cow that I bought from Roy Canada as a bred heifer under the CAIP program that has the ear tag number 666. I posted her face with that number and the thread got deleted.

I assumed that was some kind of Devine action!

TennesseeTuxedo":1jkmolxx said:
Bright Raven":1jkmolxx said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1jkmolxx said:
Mark of the beast, 666, the devil's spawn.

I have a cow that I bought from Roy Canada as a bred heifer under the CAIP program that has the ear tag number 666. I posted her face with that number and the thread got deleted.

As well it should.

I don't think It was dun. Had to be a Devine action.

Bright Raven":mdki5jdo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":mdki5jdo said:
Bright Raven":mdki5jdo said:

As well it should.

I don't think It was dun. Had to be a Devine action.

Is that Macon's code name?

TennesseeTuxedo":3onz6qrt said:
Bright Raven":3onz6qrt said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3onz6qrt said:
Is that Macon's code name?

Macon is the owner/administrator. dun is the executioner.

No, that's Grit's job.

Touche. :lol:

dun is the one who sends offensive threads to the boneyard. Did you ever watch the old Tarzan movies? When an elephant is mortally wounded, they go off to the elephant boneyard to die.

I had one this year with REALLY red eyes. . Benign neglect and it was fine..... I think it was the #7z heifer and her mother plops calves out easily usually though I didn't see this particular birth.

I have a couple that are just prone to redness around the eyes. Genetics? Never seem to bother them, not one has had a case of pinkeye. Benign neglect, maybe some Vetericyn to soothe the eye.

Photo is not the best but the cornea seems clear and the redness seems to be around the sclera. The thin mobile membrane covering it can easily have blood pooling under it from some form of trauma, the trauma may be further at the back of the eye but over a few days it spreads out and gravitates and you see it around the edges. You see it a lot in fighters and footballers (rugby) when they do interviews the day after the fight but usually if their luck holds it disperses.

Ken

Latest posts