Calf with hair loss on his legs

Help Support CattleToday:

farmgirl_14

Reaction score
I have four bull calfs they are all about a month old, they are all in the same pen. One of them lost hair on his legs, he didnt lose all his hair on his legs but patches on all four legs. any ideas? thanks

Mornin' Farmgirl

could have been a reaction to some kind of bug bite, or maybe he has allergies to something (weed or whatever) he's been walking through.... I would think if you had lice, all of them would have the same patches so it's got to be something solely related to that one calf.... JMO :tiphat:

it cant be anything from outside, i keep then in the barn. i do bed them with hay, but i have been using the same hay, and this just happened a few days ago. that is something to concider though. all the help is appreciated

no its not ringworm, i know what ringworm looks like. I think it might be from being wet, their pen flooded when it rained.

farmgirl_14":jqedlf4y said:
no its not ringworm, i know what ringworm looks like. I think it might be from being wet, their pen flooded when it rained.

I have seen that happen when conditions get real muddy. As things start to dry up and the soil gets real gummy as it dries. It takes more effort to pull their feet from the now play dough conistency of mud. It takes the hair off and makes their legs sore. :tiphat:

ya i think thats what it is from. thanks for all the help. i have been workin extra hard latly to keep then dry.

Latest posts