calf weight

Help Support CattleToday:

onecowfarms

Reaction score
what should a 2 mo old jersey steer way i know they are small breed they are at 120 and 110 by the tape been feeding sweet feed is it to early have them hay they sure seem to want it thanks inadvance

For Jersey at that age those weights sound fine to me. 2 months and they aren;t getting hay yet? It's well past time for them to have it. Just keep the grain going and remember to increase the amount of grain, not necesarrilly the percentage of the total diet, as the get bigger.

the weight listed was 2 weeks ago today they are at 147 ea ,the vet told me not put them on hay till they where 4 mo or better i give them about #3 ea a day they have really came a long way since i put them in the truck from the sell barn they are where for the kids but we do most evrything with them just take all the gorly

onecowfarms":2azxw62f said:
the weight listed was 2 weeks ago today they are at 147 ea ,the vet told me not put them on hay till they where 4 mo or better i give them about #3 ea a day they have really came a long way since i put them in the truck from the sell barn they are where for the kids but we do most evrything with them just take all the gorly

Is this a large animal vet?

yeah he has taken care of my fatherinlaws cows and my father inlaw also said the same maybe not the grass but alfa

Latest posts