calf update

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

well, she gave up last night. I can't thank you all enough for your caring and sharing. My husband came in and did the night check, didn't wake me till he'd removed her. So............Thanks for all the support and ideas and help. It, means so much

[email protected]

My regrets. I know it sounds strange aftyer all these years, but it still really get's to me when a calf dies. Someone said "If they live, some of them will die", damn small consolation. A couple of years ago we had dogs get into the calves and killed one, ham-strung the other, we were ready to sell everything and just hang it up. Now, we're glad we didn't, the new calves each year bring us so much pleasure. What I'm trying to say in my akward way is, although it is painfull, don't give up, you'll be poorer and sadder if you do. dunmovin farms

> well, she gave up last night. I
> can't thank you all enough for
> your caring and sharing. My
> husband came in and did the night
> check, didn't wake me till he'd
> removed her. So............Thanks
> for all the support and ideas and
> help. It, means so much

I'm very sorry to hear you lost your calf. I think she was born into the right family, though. You worked hard to give her a chance to live.

> well, she gave up last night. I
> can't thank you all enough for
> your caring and sharing. My
> husband came in and did the night
> check, didn't wake me till he'd
> removed her. So............Thanks
> for all the support and ideas and
> help. It, means so much

I know that some think being "sentimental" over a calf is foolish. I believe that if we ever quit being saddened over a life ending, we are giving up our humanity. I can't think of a better way to worship the Creator than to TRY our best to keep life going, realizing in the end that it is HE who gives and takes life. Just think of all of the things that are learned when something doesn't go the way we want or think it should go! If taking responsibility for another life were easy, how would we ever appreciate each blessing that comes our way? I'm glad you tried and look forward to hearing about your next endeavor. Don't give up... as Dunmovin' said: Each new year makes for excitement in our lives.

[email protected]