Calf steeling milk.

Help Support CattleToday:

Our new yearling bull was caught making the rounds...walked right up behind a cow and take quick suck...the darn cows would let him. He is now in with the production steers until turn outthe end of next month.
DMc

If I got rid of every calf I had that stole milk from another cow, I wouldn't have any calves left. :lol: :lol:

Jeannie...darn bull wouldn't take more than a few sips then slip up behind another cow.
He is living with the big boys until it's time to earn his alfalfa.
DMc

MikeC":3ae4ke3x said:
If I got rid of every calf I had that stole milk from another cow, I wouldn't have any calves left. :lol: :lol:

As I sit here at the computer there are two cows in the front yard - each with a two week old calf.

The calves each started out on their own mothers - then both calves moved to one cow and then on to the other cow. As I write they appear to have switched moms for the finishing up of dessert.

Does not seem to bother the moms - and both could probably raise twins anyways.

Both good cows and reasonably good calves.

It just happens and I do not get too excited about it - as long as everyone is growing and healthy.

Still snowing!!!!

Regards,

Bez>

I always adheared to the thought it took a herd to raise a calf crop. The mothers down here where the bulls don't dig holes seem to make a circle around the young ones at night. The teenagers seem to be on the outer fringes of the ring. Wanting to show their stuff. It usually occurs in the middle of winter.

I've seen our calves steal milk. It's OK. Seen calves with dead mothers steal milk and it is OK.

I just ain't into it takes a village to raise a child. I got all I want.

Latest posts