Calf Puller

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Saturday, July 20, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Visit Our Sponsor Place Your Ad Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cattle Pages Discussion Boards Message Added. The following information was added to the message board:

Name: Bill E-Mail: Subject: Calf Puller Body of Message:

I just received a new Calf Eze extractor from NASCO. I am not sure I like the fact that the breechen cannot be secured to the end of the rod. It just sets loosely in a large hole in the breechen, no fastener at all. Seems like in the heat of the moment, it cold pop off, there is enough to do during the delivery without worrying about the darn equipment coming apart.

Anyone have experience with this brand? Any other suggestions for another brand?

Bill

Any calf puller I've ever used has had a pop on breech. If AND WHEN you get into a bad spot, it's awfully nice not to have the breech stuck there, and can pull it off. I've never had it fall off when in use, and it's really easy to clean. Of course, the ones I use are not sold by nasco, so I can't comment directly on the one you purchased.

Thanks Vicki, that does make sense, and I had thought that might be a plus after speaking with the manufacturer, but wasn't sure. Bill

> Any calf puller I've ever used has
> had a pop on breech. If AND WHEN
> you get into a bad spot, it's
> awfully nice not to have the
> breech stuck there, and can pull
> it off. I've never had it fall off
> when in use, and it's really easy
> to clean. Of course, the ones I
> use are not sold by nasco, so I
> can't comment directly on the one
> you purchased.

What breed are you raising? It might pay you to go with a breed with fewer birthing problems, like the Murray Grey.

[email protected]

I'm a vet, so it's not my breeding program which is the problem. I do a lot of calvings for clients.