calf puller

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Eight or ten years ago I was at a farm auction and they had a home made calf puller. Just a U shaped piece of metal for the butt plate with a pipe and a boat trailer winch all welded together. I bought it cheap. Took it home and through it in the shed. I hadn't pulled a calf in years and never had to use it.... until last night. Normally the few I have to pull I just do by hand. Well this one last night I couldn't move no matter how hard I pulled. I hooked the puller to him and out he came. I swear this bull calf is half grown. I realized that I need to oil up the winch but it worked. That $10 I spent years ago was money well spent.
Dave

Bret

Reaction score
Well done Dave. I bought chains and hung them in the barn hoping that being prepared would keep the need away.

Bama

Reaction score
good heads up. It pays to be prepared. To many times some one has a calf that wont eat or some other problem. They don't notice it till late friday night. Then they start looking for a tube ,meds , or other needed supplies. Its much better to have them on hand and not need em than to need them and not have em.