calf puller

Help Support CattleToday:

dj":2tke0ggf said:
NOW FOR YOUSE OTHERS KNOTHEADS
They used to have calves without vac programs,pickups to pullum to the other pastures, hot fences to keep where YOU want them etc. etc. etc. and all the other conveniences of modern day times so throwing that out is nothing but trying to be insulting.

Help me understand what your saying. I may want to help make your trip quicker.

110 years How Funny, Rookie we have been raising Cattle in the colonies since the 1600's. Come on don't get mad at the cattlemen for laughing. You would have to be a small operation to help every heifer for no reason.

diamond a - no one is against assisting delivery IF the heifer is showing signs of struggle. Pulling every one of them at the 1st sign of delivery is another thing though. How well do they do on their 2nd calves? I know this is a different species but - you never want to do that with hogs. If you pull the pigs on a gilt just 'cuz she's ready to deliver, you will be pulling every litter after. She gets conditioned to only put in that much effort. Wonder if it is the same in cattle.

i wonder if that has anything to do with Holsteins being referred to as "lazy calvers"

well i found the article very interesting.. i'm a no puller myself unless i see the need.
bif

Come on diamond_a, where ya at? I guess he/she took their ball and went home.