CALF HAIR LOSS

Help Support CattleToday:

RUSHMORE

Reaction score
MY CALVE'S ARE LOOSING HAIR FROM THEIR HOOVES UP TO THEIR KNEES. I'VE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AND I'M BELIEVING THAT IT COULD BE DO TO THE COLD. HAIR LOSS BEGINS AT ABOUT 2 TO 3 WEEKS OF AGE AND THE SKIN IS A NICE HEALTHY PINK COLOR. CALVES ARE OTHERWISE HEALTHY.

Are the calves itchy? Are they from the same bull? There is the potential of a familial alopecia which I've seen in Herefords...itchy could indicate parasites

Did they scour and get crap on their legs--that will scald and cause hair loss...

Just some ideas...
V

RUSHMORE":25welz9d said:
MY CALVE'S ARE LOOSING HAIR FROM THEIR HOOVES UP TO THEIR KNEES. I'VE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AND I'M BELIEVING THAT IT COULD BE DO TO THE COLD. HAIR LOSS BEGINS AT ABOUT 2 TO 3 WEEKS OF AGE AND THE SKIN IS A NICE HEALTHY PINK COLOR. CALVES ARE OTHERWISE HEALTHY. THEY ARE FROM THE SAME BULL AND THEY ARE HEREFORDS WITHOUT SCOURS.

RUSHMORE":2pqg2oaa said:
MY CALVE'S ARE LOOSING HAIR FROM THEIR HOOVES UP TO THEIR KNEES. I'VE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AND I'M BELIEVING THAT IT COULD BE DO TO THE COLD. HAIR LOSS BEGINS AT ABOUT 2 TO 3 WEEKS OF AGE AND THE SKIN IS A NICE HEALTHY PINK COLOR. CALVES ARE OTHERWISE HEALTHY.

hey we have the same problem now in our herd but we are in mongolia, so perhaps it has to do with the cold,further it nonly shows in certain bread of calfs not in all of them,???? sorry cant help more ..i wont worry particulaire on it as they are otherwise just as healthy bthan the rest
martin

martin":293z5gq3 said:
RUSHMORE":293z5gq3 said:

hey we have the same problem now in our herd but we are in mongolia, so perhaps it has to do with the cold,further it nonly shows in certain bread of calfs not in all of them,???? sorry cant help more ..i wont worry particulaire on it as they are otherwise just as healthy bthan the rest
martin

How is the internet access in MONGOLIA? Are you in exile?

BLACKPOWER":3qum9qux said:
martin":3qum9qux said:
RUSHMORE":3qum9qux said:

martin

How is the internet access in MONGOLIA? Are you in exile?

Could you post some pictures from Mongolia?

MY NAME IS EUGENE MC CULLAGH AND I AM ONLY 13 BUT I LIKE TO THINK I KNOW SOMETHING SO I WOULD SAY THAT THE OTHER CATLE AROUND IT ARE DOUNGING ON ITS LEGS AND THAT IT IS DRYING UP AND PEELING OFF OR AS YOU SAY IT MIGHT BE THE COLD. WHERE ARE YOU KEEPING THEM AT ?

Latest posts