Calf drown

Help Support CattleToday:

You mite be speaking 'bout me, eh? #0 below here tonite, 40 below Saturday nite. I only raise couple dozen Angus a year now, cut way back and sold 160ac. after reaching 81yrs. I use 100 gal rubbermaid tubs and spray foam them. Place 1,500 wat submers heater on stat and they work good for winter. Summer my pond does the watering. Friend has over 100 head use the float/cup solution with heat tape on eadh. He has a string of those things along fence line. seldom has a prob.
Yes Sir my good man !!! Your exactly the kind of cattlemen I am talking about and my hat is off to you !!! And i am even more astonished now more than ever to hear of someone your age at 81 years old raising cattle with it getting down to 40 below zero !!! Here I am 59 years old having went through my first and only one time 6 below zero night in my whole life. Lost a calf to it.

What can I say except that i am a whimp !!! Lol !!! An 81 year old running cattle in 40 below weather !!! That's amazing !!!

You mite be speaking 'bout me, eh? #0 below here tonite, 40 below Saturday nite. I only raise couple dozen Angus a year now, cut way back and sold 160ac. after reaching 81yrs. I use 100 gal rubbermaid tubs and spray foam them. Place 1,500 wat submers heater on stat and they work good for winter. Summer my pond does the watering. Friend has over 100 head use the float/cup solution with heat tape on eadh. He has a string of those things along fence line. seldom has a prob.
I know I don't have to tell you this but, you be careful out there. Be safe.

I'm mostly impressed that at 81 you've got the internet figured out! 🤣 My dad is 76 and a cordless phone is about right at the outer limits of his technological abilities!
But also very impressive that you are able to run cattle that far north, regardless of age.

I'm mostly impressed that at 81 you've got the internet figured out! 🤣 My dad is 76 and a cordless phone is about right at the outer limits of his technological abilities!
But also very impressive that you are able to run cattle that far north, regardless of age.
That to me is just unreal for anybody to raise cattle in 40 below weather let alone at 81 years old. That gives me alot of motivation to stop my whining and complaining with what problems I deal with while working on the farm.

Things I deal with are marginal compared to this fella !!! And at 81 years old. I bet his kids didn't back talk him when they were growing up !!! Lol !!!

All kidding a side. His kids would probably Bragg on how good of a father he is. You know a fella would have to be pretty smart to raise cattle in weather like that. Don't think I would have what it takes to do it.

Gosh you guys flatter me and I appreciate the kind words. I live in the past, Nov I turned 82 and still think 81 <grin> Been doing this all my life and yep 6 kids never gave me any lip either, 3 boys and 3 girls. Hey Silver in my slack time I build computers too!!

Does any of your kid's raise cattle ?

Heard about a barrel horse drowning in a pond. Owners had a 9 horse stall barn. All stalls were full. So they put panels on each end of the breeze way to make a tenth stall. Somehow one of the panels came down, horse got out, had a blanket on. Got in the pond and drown.

Latest posts