Calculated this into your production costs?

Help Support CattleToday:

RDFF

Reaction score
You'll want to be sure to plug the cost of this new and exciting apparatus into your next year's production costs. This IS real, I looked it up on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation website.

ZELP - Reduce methane emissions while improving animal welfare

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has given this company a $4.7 Million dollar grant for this obviously critically important device to save humanity…………..

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Just Announced a $4.7 Million Grant for a Company That Sells Face Masks for Cows (substack.com)

Committed Grants | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

ZELP ltd | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

You'll want to be sure to plug the cost of this new and exciting apparatus into your next year's production costs. This IS real, I looked it up on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation website.

ZELP - Reduce methane emissions while improving animal welfare

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has given this company a $4.7 Million dollar grant for this obviously critically important device to save humanity…………..

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Just Announced a $4.7 Million Grant for a Company That Sells Face Masks for Cows (substack.com)

Committed Grants | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

ZELP ltd | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Bill Gates is too powerful to be listening to the people he does. He doesn't have a clue and apparently he doesn't realize it.

I thought it was cow farts that were supposedly destroying the ozone!
That's what they always say... but that's the news medias misinformation... it's all due to their BELCHING, because they're a ruminant... and of course, THIS device is going to completely save the world. I assume you've got your order in for all the Corrs, and a picture will be timely forthcoming? What'd they cost you, if you don't mind my asking? 🤣 Or did you apply for a grant from Bill & Melinda too?

It's been proven that cows don't "fart":rolleyes: anywhere near as much CO2 if they're grazing/eating exclusively forages, as compared to when they're being fed grain (really, this IS true)... so Warren, I expect that your Corrs on Kudzu are probably OK, and you should promptly return your B&MG grant money ASAP so it can be used by somebody who is feed-lotting his cattle and desperately needs it.

Be sure to post a pic though before you do!

Last edited:
That's what they always say... but that's the news medias misinformation... it's all due to their BELCHING, because they're a ruminant... and of course, THIS device is going to completely save the world. I assume you've got your order in for all the Corrs, and a picture will be timely forthcoming? What'd they cost you, if you don't mind my asking? 🤣 Or did you apply for a grant from Bill & Melinda too?
@RDFF The 100 Corrs I bought a couple of months ago cost $250 each, but I traded some Chianina x Brahma bulls on them at 2000 each, that I averaged giving $1400 each for. So that knocked $6k off what I had in them, which left $19k I had in the Corrs .Then I sold the 18 solid black ones for $800 each when they got here. He actually paid me $15k so that knocked it down to $4k for 82 head. about $49 each. We already had 4 Corr heifers from last year. 1st of the month, George put together for me. 15 solid black Corr cows bred to a black Mexican fighting bull. These were a little higher...$325 each. $4875. Traded another Chi x Br bull in on them at $2k, and I bought it for $1200. So I had about $4075 in them. Sold 7 of them to the dude who bought the other blacks at $900 each, so I ended up making $2225 on them. Now I had 94 at a total net cost of $1875 .
About $20 per head.
George had found 21 heavy bred 1/2 Corr 1/2 black Mexican Fighting cows, bred back to a Black MFB. $350 each. $7350. I got him 2 more Chianina 18 mos bulls to trade at $2000 each, $4k off that $7350, so I paid him $3350 for the cows. The bulls cost me $2500, so I had $5850 in them. There were 7 solid black cows in the bunch. and the man who bought the blacks out of the other 2 loads wanted them at $800 each. $5600. They got here yesterday and he is picking up the blacks Saturday. So I will have $250 in that load. That makes 112 head at a net cost of $2125, about $19 per head.

Last edited:

It's been proven that cows don't "fart":rolleyes: anywhere near as much CO2 if they're grazing/eating exclusively forages, as compared to when they're being fed grain (really, this IS true)... so Warren, I expect that your Corrs on Kudzu are probably OK, and you should promptly return your B&MG grant money ASAP so it can be used by somebody who is feed-lotting his cattle and desperately needs it.

Be sure to post a pic though before you do!
IF I were to try to mask one of those Corrs, I won't take a pic...I will live stream it for you!

I've been gearing a lot of scary things going on lately, mostly when some kind of activist gets the ear of government and laws are passed without any attempt at asking food producers what they think or how it will impact farmers or livestock producers.

A couple I remember specifically is when Sri Lanka outlawed any kind of artificial fertilizers because they made an activist head of their agriculture department and she said everything had to be organic. From what I understand their yields went down to 30% of normal and they became an importer instead of an exporter.

Another is in the Netherlands. They are apparently the breadbasket of Europe, and they are presently trying to get rid of their animal industry because there is too much manure.

There are others... but I know less about them so won't example them.

Seems I heard the livestock people in the Netherlands are becoming a political force to be reckoned with.
Like so many things that come my way I pay little attention to when perhaps I should.
Old age has its attributes or maybe not?

Seems I heard the livestock people in the Netherlands are becoming a political force to be reckoned with.
Like so many things that come my way I pay little attention to when perhaps I should.
Old age has its attributes or maybe not?
I hear they are fighting back. It will be interested to see how it goes. So much of what urban people believe is fed to them by animal rights and vegan extremists and has become the popular public perception.

And once that happens it's hard to inform anyone.

It's been proven that cows don't "fart":rolleyes: anywhere near as much CO2 if they're grazing/eating exclusively forages, as compared to when they're being fed grain (really, this IS true)...
RDFF, you got that backwards. Forage-based diets result in more methane eructation than a grain-based diet... and 85% of feed consumed in a typical steer's life is forages. And, naturally, a much larger percentage of diet for beef brood cows, many of which may never consume a grain of corn in their lifetime.

IF I were to try to mask one of those Corrs, I won't take a pic...I will live stream it for you!
As much as I'm sure that would be quite a show, I more so hope you wouldn't go to the effort to even humor those clowns that came up with the idea. 😂
What would really be worthwhile is for Gates and his greenie cronies to be dropped off out in a field and tasked with trying to get them on the cattle themselves. They wouldn't be allowed to use a chute cause that would be cruel. They might learn a thing or three in short order.

A well managed pasture sequesters more carbon than any other method.

At least 15 years ago I was on a field day at the experiment station at Agassiz, BC. They were doing experiments on which field released the most green house gas. They had a number different situations they were testing. Corn stubble, grass pasture with different rates and types of manure application and bare ground. Just plane bare ground with no crop released more green house gas than any of the other things tested.

As much as I'm sure that would be quite a show, I more so hope you wouldn't go to the effort to even humor those clowns that came up with the idea. 😂
What would really be worthwhile is for Gates and his greenie cronies to be dropped off out in a field and tasked with trying to get them on the cattle themselves. They wouldn't be allowed to use a chute cause that would be cruel. They might learn a thing or three in short order.
LOL. I ought to tell Bill( Gates) to come down to the Kudzu place. I will put him on my pasture roper ( Horse goes from standing to his stop speed in 4 strides. He is a real QH. and once he is on one, he wont get off til he has put you in position. Cut over timber land, junk yards, low fences...none of that will even cause him to break stride, if you can stay on him) I will tell him: "There are over 100 cows in that 220 acres. Everyone you can catch, I will buy one of your masks and put it on her. For every one you cant catch, you give me 10 shares of Microsoft. "
I would end up with some great video and over 1000 shares of MS stock! :) I might even spot him Gail for his first attempt. Confidence builder, you know. If he did catch her, then worst case scenario, I buy 1 mask and still get over 1000 shares!

They are testing the masks in our chambers at the moment, the system in itself works but there is no way they will be able to keep the masks on outside of the research controlled conditions. The Holsteins have been co operative to a point, the Angus not at all! The cost would be prohibitive even if the system could be made to work. The other dead horse being flogged is a series of seaweed tests, all of which achieve no difference in methane emissions, but they keep coming back with the next seaweed based product, whoever is financing this has deep pockets. When all is said and done, all the carbon is in cycle, and maintaining good quality native pastures, savannas and cover cropping cereals will sequester all the CO2 and methane back into organic carbon without human assistance.

Latest posts