Cal....Did you survive the Squall Line

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom":1pnodxjw said:
It is about to our area. Looked like you got hit hard earlier.
Got a bunch of rain and thunder and lightning for sure.Kinda looks like the heavy part was between us. Maybe Texasgal got a bunch. It's starting to thunder and rain harder as I'm typing this.

Cal

the rain didnt hitt us in north east tx till after middnite.an its still thundering an storming.i dread having to go out an bottle fed the calf this morning.

We are floating this morning, thank God! The rain gauge is showing 6.21" since this started last night. And, it looks like we'll get maybe another half inch or more before it moves on to the northeast.

System is here today predicting 6 inches. It is raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock.
Won't be going to town today or maybe tomorrow if it keeps this up another hour or two, creeks on both sides will be over the road.

CB, this system is just now past us and we have a total of 6.95". Sure hope you get all you need.

rain001.jpg

Calman":355ne6ui said:
ffamom":355ne6ui said:
It is about to our area. Looked like you got hit hard earlier.
Got a bunch of rain and thunder and lightning for sure.Kinda looks like the heavy part was between us. Maybe Texasgal got a bunch. It's starting to thunder and rain harder as I'm typing this.

Cal

Started raining here around 3:30 Monday afternoon and was still raining at 6 Tuesday morning when I left for work. We had 1.9 inches in the gauge; it never really rained hard - just a nice, steady rain.

The good Lord has definitely blessed us with rain so far this year!

We got a little over 6 inches too. The creek was up and held the whole neighborhood hostage until 3 in the afternoon. The springs have been feeding it again and it has flowed over the road crossing for about 3 months now.

About 10:30 a Suburban thought he was going to cross. 1/4 of the way out his front end was sliding. He hit reverse and came flying back out of there just before he would have gone over the edge. It aint the depth, it is the force behind it. Your tires back it up and then it is backed against the body of the truck. I walked down there and showed him the peg on the wall. I said, "When you can see this peg out of the water, you can cross." His wife was pointing that finger at him and barking in Spanish.

slick4591":2cmphfb2 said:
CB, this system is just now past us and we have a total of 6.95". Sure hope you get all you need.

rain001.jpg

Slick, what kind of weather system you got there?

We bought it last Christmas and haven't had to replace batteries so far. The inside unit use 110 with a battery pack. The outside unit is totally battery powered.

JSCATTLE":1kmi7ahs said:
News said we got around 11 inches . Rain gauge over flowed at 6 inches so I dont know for sure.
That's a slightly below average entire rain season here. We average around 13 inches. Got 2inches a few days ago and it nearly flooded.
Glad you guys are getting some moisture but it's hard to imagine that kind of moisture.

Latest posts