show steer up

Reaction score
Came across these pic's today and wanted to share them

DSCN0288.jpg

DSCN0290.jpg

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0292.jpg

DSCN0293.jpg

My 12 year old daughter won Best of Show with this cake @ the 2008 fair last year :D

DSCN0271.jpg

DSCN0272.jpg

DSCN0273.jpg

my 14 year old son won Best of show in his division also last year :D

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0286.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

my 7 year old daughter won best of show in her division

DSCN0277.jpg

DSCN0278.jpg

DSCN0279.jpg

and last but not least my 7 year old son won Reserve of show, loosing to his twin sister :shock:

Hope you like them, we sure did :D

Those are cool. I used to make cakes for Baskin Robbins when I was in college. Let me tell you, they are good. We used to eat the scraps. It was one of the few benefits of working there.

those are some cool cake pics.i bet your kids had fun making them.an i bet they was some good eating.

No, no good eating :(

Since it is a cake decorating contest and the cake's stay out all week and most of them like my 12 year old daughters cake took her two months to finish.

No the cakes are made out of Styrofoam. The kids are judged on creativity, skill, and age of the individual. I will say this.......the smell is wonderful, the kids make buttermilk icing and they seem to get more icing in their tummy than on the cakes. It's the sugar rush that keeps them going for hours on these projects.

My kids would like some suggestions on what they should make for this years fair. They plan this all year long and would like some input from u fine folks :tiphat:

In the past few years they have also made.
A toilet (not the outhouse) the clowns where on the toilet tank and one was flushing another clown down the toilet
A blue racing car
A medieval castle with a whole array of fighting Vikings. This cake was huge.
A cat using a kitty litter box barring a clown with other clowns hanging on its back and collar. It was a huge hit.
And last but not least
A foot wearing a sandal that stepped on a cow pie, the caption read "Welcome to the Fair" :shock:

So get creative, and just a note.........The kids always go for the "shock factor", to pass it by the judges they add clowns :roll:

Those cakes were wonderful they should be very proud of themselves. I used to make cakes for my children when they were young for parties and things, the last one I made was for my Daughters 21st, she wanted the Mr Men, I made a lot of little cakes that looked like wooden paper covered play bricks and then all the Mr Men in coloured marzipan and placed them on top. Everyone said it was impressive.
What about a show ring with cows and clowns, inside???

show steer up":biwznqfy said:
Hay the kids want to see some pics Chrisy, do you have any :???:

not sure I will ask my Daughter if she has any, as mine are all gone, my husband threw a box away by mistake and it had all my photo's in it, I was so upset as a lot of the childrens baby photo's were in there to. As you can imagine he was in the dog house for a while, still not sure I have totally forgiven him.

Hay you might have somthing there Karen, Ill pass it onto the kiddo's tonght, Thanks :D :D
chrisy":xnyw449p said:
show steer up":xnyw449p said:
Hay the kids want to see some pics Chrisy, do you have any :???:

not sure I will ask my Daughter if she has any, as mine are all gone, my husband threw a box away by mistake and it had all my photo's in it, I was so upset as a lot of the childrens baby photo's were in there to. As you can imagine he was in the dog house for a while, still not sure I have totally forgiven him.

That would make me ill, how so you get over somthing like that. Was it every pic you had or do you have family members that can help you get some of the pics back, sorry to hear this happened, my heart sank when I read that. :cry2:

Thankfully, each child has an album of their first year, and a copy of each school photo, so that is a back up of some, but nearly all the holiday photo's have gone, one or two survived, the ones the girls stole from the box, glad now that they did. One thing I am glad for is that the old videos of them taking their first steps and saying their first words were somewhere else. My youngest daughter took them out saying not to keep them together in case of any accidents, and put them in the safe...Think she knows her Dad.

WOW
I bet your hubbie feels like crap, you just can't get over a mistake like that. It will haunt you forever, even if your family is understanding.

Have been looking for the pic's of Mr Men cake but no luck as of yet. but here are pic's of two others I have made one for my Daughters baby shower and the other for my Sons fifth birthday.

That is soo cool, can't picture a mr. men cake but I bet it was nice. Ill get the kids on here tonight to look at the cakes. :clap:

SSU those are very good. Where on earth do you get the little utensils etc. for the first one. LOVE IT........ :D

Chrisy what exactly is a Mr. Men cake ?

hillsdown":9p42abvu said:
SSU those are very good. Where on earth do you get the little utensils etc. for the first one. LOVE IT........ :D

Chrisy what exactly is a Mr. Men cake ?

bdcmen.jpg
This is a Mr Men cake I made for a friends little girl, nothing like the one I made for my Daughter.

countrylife.jpg
SSU your twins may like the look of this cake, for one to make and show. It's one I made for my Husbands friend, he is a vet and it bought a smile to his face. the backgound is a photograph of some cows in the field.

chrisy":at7tpq9y said:
countrylife.jpg
SSU your twins may like the look of this cake, for one to make and show. It's one I made for my Husbands friend, he is a vet and it bought a smile to his face. the backgound is a photograph of some cows in the field.
Oh my gosh that is wonderful!! What talent, amazing! :clap: :clap:

OMG They are all going to be fighting over that cake, I just know my older son will love it.
If we make it a blk steer and put it in a grooming chute it will look like our pen area last year :(

I just know we will have to draw straws. OMG----our fair theme is pasport to the fair OTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: oh crap hahahahahahahahahahahah :banana:

Thanks ;-)

Latest posts