caesarean section in the middle of a field

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score

Try to find a vet to do that today!
SL

FIFTY YEARS AGO SEPTEMBER 28, 1961
A bull calf was delivered by caesarean section in the middle of a field at the George Medd farm on Brown Road (240th St.) in Fort Langley. The calf survived after a few minutes of artificial respiration, and the dam (mother cow) was on her feet, eating grass, four hours later. The operation was performed by Dr. R.M.J. Irwin and his son Byron.

Read more: http://www.langleyadvance.com/health/19 ... z1ZqXcHEVu

Sir Loin":2g588qau said:

SL

A bull calf was delivered by caesarean section in the middle of a field at the George Medd farm on Brown Road (240th St.) in Fort Langley. The calf survived after a few minutes of artificial respiration, and the dam (mother cow) was on her feet, eating grass, four hours later. The operation was performed by Dr. R.M.J. Irwin and his son Byron.
Easy, I just call ours. No big deal!

dun":1hemmduu said:
Sir Loin":1hemmduu said:

SL

Easy, I just call ours. No big deal!

Mine too , or one of his partners . Only thing that stops them is the weather. If it is -40 a c section sure as heck ain't happening, the cow's insides would freeze in seconds after being cut open . ;-)

I sometimes wonder if it isn;t a client relationship thing. Some folks get great service and others with the same vet are never happy with them.

I know 2 vets that would do that with no hesitation. One of them I only call when my regular vet is gone, and he would still do it, middle of field, middle of nite, middle of christmas dinner, middle of anything. gs

I think any veterinarian that would do a c section would do it in the middle of a field or wherever if you can't lead her to a shade tree.

dun":3nhxz8fq said:
I sometimes wonder if it isn;t a client relationship thing. Some folks get great service and others with the same vet are never happy with them.

Having been a farrier for over 30 years, some of the most successful "looking" facilities are on an economic cliff. They were hard to get money from or good checks from. So maybe it is the lack of payment or paying in payments, or paying when called for the third time that gives one neighbor excellent service and the other the same service but they hate paying for it so find something to complain about. As my client list grew, those poor paying folks got dropped. People are funny critters.