CAB

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus

Reaction score
This may help clarify some of the questions of CAB and stop some of the accusations.

How do I Cetrtify my Angus herd.?
No herds are "certified" and no living animals are actually "Certified Angus Beef." That is the trademark for Angus beef product that, after meeting the live specification of being at least 51% black-hided, the U.S. Department of Agriculture verifies as meeting eight carcass specifications. The most difficult carcass specification to meet is a quality grade of middle Choice or higher. Last year, some 9 million fed cattle that appeared to be Angus-type were evaluated at the 32 licensed CAB® processing plants across the U.S., and 1.9 million of those cattle had carcasses that met the specs and became CAB® product. The owners of those cattle at the time of sale to packers realized a premium if they sold them through some form of value-based marketing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way to go LA4. Let's face it, the CAB program is a success. My view of the future of beef is that more and more the industry will move towards quality rather than pounds produced. Pounds produced will only be a "bonus" to quality first. This is a step in the right direction towards "quality has no color."

D.R. Cattle":36cj0zjt said:
Way to go LA4. Let's face it, the CAB program is a success. My view of the future of beef is that more and more the industry will move towards quality rather than pounds produced. Pounds produced will only be a "bonus" to quality first. This is a step in the right direction towards "quality has no color."

Totally agree I going to beat my neighbor LA4 with CHB. I imagine he just got a cold shiver thinking about a pasture full of red and white.

Campground Cattle":29xbf299 said:
LA4 when you get ready to get in on the premiums I will more than happy to help you pick out some kick butt Herefords.
Them Black Baldies look awful nice. May qualify for CHB and CAB. Will that be DOUBLE PREMIUMS!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! Hello D.R. Cattle
We'll be in trouble then. JohnS, Tc, and the Oregonian won't know what to do with us. I wonder who sent the new guy John In the dirty eMail?

la4angus":3q4b1419 said:
This may help clarify some of the questions of CAB and stop some of the accusations.

How do I Cetrtify my Angus herd.?
No herds are "certified" and no living animals are actually "Certified Angus Beef." That is the trademark for Angus beef product that, after meeting the live specification of being at least 51% black-hided, the U.S. Department of Agriculture verifies as meeting eight carcass specifications. The most difficult carcass specification to meet is a quality grade of middle Choice or higher. Last year, some 9 million fed cattle that appeared to be Angus-type were evaluated at the 32 licensed CAB® processing plants across the U.S., and 1.9 million of those cattle had carcasses that met the specs and became CAB® product. The owners of those cattle at the time of sale to packers realized a premium if they sold them through some form of value-based marketing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.9/9 = 21% of what appeared to be Angus type of cattle meet the specs and became CAB product, numbers aren't so good in my point of veiw, Black hided cattle producers should began realizing that Black is not everything

D.R. Cattle":1obm5auv said:

I doubt the butchering plants care for quality....they are into quantity. So many workers got hurt over the years because they are forced to work very quickly. However, the butchering plants do keep an eye for CAB typed cattle because it means $$$ from people who have no clue what quality means...no clue what the health standards behind CAB cattle, could care less about public's health....just care for the dough.

Oregonian":1htv8cck said:
D.R. Cattle":1htv8cck said:

I doubt the butchering plants care for quality....they are into quantity. So many workers got hurt over the years because they are forced to work very quickly. However, the butchering plants do keep an eye for CAB typed cattle because it means $$$ from people who have no clue what quality means...no clue what the health standards behind CAB cattle, could care less about public's health....just care for the dough.
Now we can see that your reading comprehension skills are a little slow, and that you contradict your own statements.

So if it's not black but meets all the other requirements for CAB it's ok? The processors want quality and if it's black they get more for it. Still trying to figure out what's wrong with that. Quality as it pertains to carcass grading is a defined standard.

dun

Oregonian":3pehz2i1 said:

NOOOOO DUN
You don't understand. The butcherinfg plants don't want QUALITY. They want Quantity. The only reason they keep an eye out for CAB type cattle is it means $$$ from people that have no clue to what quality means.

OK Mrs Oregonian
Give us a clue as to what quality means. Also give us a clue as to the health standards behind the CAB cattle. Why would workers working quickly make the packers buy CAB unstead of Lauras Lean or CHB or Nolan Ryans Tender Aged Beef.
Come on Mrs Oregonian
Give us some clues. I want to copy this off so I can show it to some Packers and then they will know how to run their business. The Dummies.

Mrs Oregonian
What yield grade carcass would you prefer the packer buy for the least trim.

YG 1
YG 2
YG 3
YG 4
YG 5

that just proves my point.red angus will make chb but not cab.it just dont make sence to me.thats why he herf-association come out with chb ,there sick of the cab scamm.ill take a nolan ryne steak any day.over chb or cab.it tast better and its cheaper.~~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":217gy1uw said:
that just proves my point.red angus will make chb but not cab.it just dont make sence to me.thats why he herf-association come out with chb ,there sick of the cab scamm.ill take a nolan ryne steak any day.over chb or cab.it tast better and its cheaper.~~~~~~~~~Tc
Good for you. Nolan Ryan needs to sell some steaks.

dr-cattle,them good braferd calves of yours wont make cab .dont no about chb but i dont think theyll take um ether.~~~~~~~~~~~Tc

hey LA4ANUS sence your so smart ,what are the poor red angus men suposed to do.there cattle dont make cab.i bet they dont ike the scamm ether.~~~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":1x8qdpz5 said:
hey LA4ANUS sence your so smart ,what are the poor red angus men suposed to do.there cattle dont make cab.i bet they dont ike the scamm ether.~~~~~~~~~~Tc
Don't blame me. You got all the answers about your so called scams. I don't know of any scam that the CAB program is involved in.

Latest posts