CAB is a Trademark Brand

Help Support CattleToday:

When is the last time you had a CAB steak that wasn't covered in sauce, pepper, bacon, mushrooms, etc?

It's been my experience when eating out that steak flavor is almost nonexistent, but the tenderness is (generally) quite good. So, the flavor had to be added with marinades, etc.

WalnutCrest":1c4ipubq said:
When is the last time you had a CAB steak that wasn't covered in sauce, pepper, bacon, mushrooms, etc?

It's been my experience when eating out that steak flavor is almost nonexistent, but the tenderness is (generally) quite good. So, the flavor had to be added with marinades, etc.

Agree

Montreal Steak Seasoning!

The website advertises that the mission was to promote better beef:
Much like the 'sponsored content' at the bottom of a legitimate news story, the above words were written, for a specific target demographic.

We've all seen them. 'clcikbait'
"20 ways to save money. #7 will amaze you!!"

greybeard":1i4e153v said:
The website advertises that the mission was to promote better beef:
Much like the 'sponsored content' at the bottom of a legitimate news story, the above words were written, for a specific target demographic.

We've all seen them. 'clcikbait'
"20 ways to save money. #7 will amaze you!!"

But it was! Their beef. It worked well.

Bright Raven":3rq3ik7d said:
cmay":3rq3ik7d said:
Bright Raven":3rq3ik7d said:
USPTO (US Patent and Trademark Office) approves patents and trademarks.

CAB is a private sector Brand that has been around since 1978. It had survived the scrutiny of the review and approval process of the USPTO. Google the CAB website. It is not owned by AAA. It's mission is to promote beef. Read their criteria for CAB. It does not stipulate that it is "DNA ANGUS Beef".

CAB is owned by the AAA.

I will read further. Below is copied from their website. From the Terms and Legal section.

Certified Angus Beef ® , CAB ® , Angus beef at its best® and/or any other American Angus Association-owned trademarks are the exclusive trademarks or service marks of the Certified Angus Beef LLC and are protected by Federal trademark law. Other product and company names mentioned in the CAB Program's Web Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
AAA owns CAB. All the revenue from CAB goes to AAA. AAA reports it as income. It's really simple.
In the direct sense it is an LLC. Certified Angus Beef LLC.

Edited to add:
Reading the history on the website, it states that an independent group of ranchers and producers started the organization. The legal section states that CAB is a Limited Liability Company. It does not state who owns it. Since CAB is registered to the AAA, it follows that AAA must own the LLC.

cmay, their website does not have a clear statement as to who owns the LLC.

AAA owns CAB. All the revenue from CAB goes to AAA. They report it as income. It's really simple.

cmay":1vt3itpv said:
Bright Raven":1vt3itpv said:
cmay":1vt3itpv said:
CAB is owned by the AAA.

I will read further. Below is copied from their website. From the Terms and Legal section.

Certified Angus Beef ® , CAB ® , Angus beef at its best® and/or any other American Angus Association-owned trademarks are the exclusive trademarks or service marks of the Certified Angus Beef LLC and are protected by Federal trademark law. Other product and company names mentioned in the CAB Program's Web Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
AAA owns CAB. All the revenue from CAB goes to AAA. AAA reports it as income. It's really simple.
In the direct sense it is an LLC. Certified Angus Beef LLC.

Edited to add:
Reading the history on the website, it states that an independent group of ranchers and producers started the organization. The legal section states that CAB is a Limited Liability Company. It does not state who owns it. Since CAB is registered to the AAA, it follows that AAA must own the LLC.

cmay, their website does not have a clear statement as to who owns the LLC.

AAA owns CAB. All the revenue from CAB goes to AAA. They report it as income. It's really simple.

Thanks. I was not disagreeing. It was probably not desirable from a market standpoint for them to make the direct statement that the CAB LLC is owned by AAA.

cmay,

I was curious as I read the CAB website as to how their LLC actually works. Do you know how the market model works?

Do they charge the grocery chains that cut and wrap the meat a commission to place the Trademark stickers on a meat product? Or is CAB cut, packaged, stickered, and sold to the grocery through a distributor?

Thanks

Bright Raven":i7og5mjj said:
cmay,

I was curious as I read the CAB website as to how their LLC actually works. Do you know how the market model works?

Do they charge the grocery chains that cut and wrap the meat a commission to place the Trademark stickers on a meat product? Or is CAB cut, packaged, stickered, and sold to the grocery through a distributor?

Thanks

They get a few dollars for every carcass certified CAB.

Latest posts