C-S PURE GOLD

Help Support CattleToday:

Based on pictures and reports, he is a good-looking bull that is siring many show-winners. Colyers are a well-known operation. Whether that is from all PR or not I couldn't say. I believe his EPDs are above average, if you are into EPDs. If you were raising show calves, he couldn't hurt you, in my opinion. When it comes to the real world, maybe someone has AIed to him and can give us firsthand info.

Hi! I am Matthew Frye of Edinburg, VA. You want to know some background about this bull. You see everybody just thinks he is so outstanding. I liked him at once myself, but then I saw some of his cows that were supposely 5 years old and looked they were about 15 years old. He may make you good heifers and even cows for about four years and then after that, those cattle just look sick. I have had so many problems using this bull. Mainly I use polled hereford sires. Mainly I use Remitall bulls and felton bulls. I was going to experiment with him, but after seeing some of his cows that were about 5 years old, turned me away from him. I even sold all of the cows sired by him. I sold like 10 cows that were the sire to him. He has a defect in him and if you wanted to find a good polled hereford bull to use, I would you some bull like AH HEAVY DUTY 11G or RF POSTIVE PLUS, or REMITALL ONLINE, something in that field. I am using three bulls right know artifically. I am using FELOTNS DOMINO 774, REMITALL HIGHWAY 147H ET, FELTONS MAGNUM 434, and RF POSTIVE PLUS 73C. These are some goods sires right here. I hope you don't you C-S PURE GOLD. I have seen the bull in person, he looks nice on the outside, but he is a disappointment on the inside.

You do not have to take my advice, but I wouldn't use him if he were the last resort.

Matt Frye
Hill Creek Farm

We were thinking of flushing a heifer to Online. I was told that he also is a carrier of something. Can't remember what. Txag, can you help me out? Is it Hyprotrichosis?

certherfbeef":2xx6xmpm said:
We were thinking of flushing a heifer to Online. I was told that he also is a carrier of something. Can't remember what. Txag, can you help me out? Is it Hyprotrichosis?
You didn't ask but I will give you my opinion of Online. Loads of preformance but the calves I have seen were weaker than I like in the pasturn and were not very crisp to look at. Lots of power though. They needed a little bigger foot as well.

ollie":3r3t21ud said:
certherfbeef":3r3t21ud said:
You didn't ask but I will give you my opinion of Online. Loads of preformance but the calves I have seen were weaker than I like in the pasturn and were not very crisp to look at. Lots of power though. They needed a little bigger foot as well.

Thanks Ollie!

Latest posts