By-Gone Days

Help Support CattleToday:

LFF

Reaction score
Remember when?

2377316By-gonedays.jpg

Looks like an old CC Case to me, grandpa bought one new in 1936, we still have it .

Larry

In the hill where I was brought up, went from a team to a 3 horse hitch then to the 8n Fords, A Farmall then to the Farmall B,C and M and Vac Case and Jubilee Fords. There was no AC or McCormicks John Deere ect.

I spent many a day when I was a kid on a F-12 farmall then we went to the H and a WD-9 and a superM
dad was a farmall man His dad bought 2 new back in the 20s and the drove them home over 20 miles with the steel lugs
dad still has the scars on his leg where his brother backed over him with the steel lugs on a F-14

Spent many a day on an 8-N. Now we think we must have 75-100hp to get anything done. Guess a lot more people spent their day on the farm then.

I guess I am different than some folks. I got no desire to fix up old tractors or old equipment. Fixing up the ones I already got are enough for me. :nod:

Limomike":19boy850 said:
I guess I am different than some folks. I got no desire to fix up old tractors or old equipment. Fixing up the ones I already got are enough for me. :nod:
I have to second that. :nod: We still use our farmall A but just for little jobs like raking hay, running auger, spreading manure with our old John Deere spreader ( don't know exact year it was made but know it is atleast 40-50 years old)

i just want somethin that cool to look at in the yard...ive lready got a 1962 jd 2010 backhoe..it does the werk but its needin some tlc....

actually id like to sell it and get somethin newer like a midsized tractor thatll load a rolll of hay. my bx 2400 kubota wont lifta large bale and the backhoe is only good for putting out hay or diggin a hole. need a bushog sometimes ..or a tiller

but id love to have an old case sitting around....id come git one of them..lotta that stuff up north but not much down here in fl..fl is too new for that stuff i guess

Latest posts