Buying Used Tractor w/ Loader Package?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I have been watching for a good used loader. I don't see many and the asking prices seem to be around $3,500 to $4,500. I also looked briefly at new but that is not in the budget. :eek:

Is it fair to say that you can usually get a better deal by buying a tractor/loader package and then reselling an existing tractor,

or am I on the right track waiting for a clean loader?

I've been looking for the same thing. I'm beginning to think their is no such thing as a clean used loader. Every one I find is either beat up or they want an arm and a leg for it. I personally think you will have better luck buying a clean tractor with a loader, than finding a loader alone. Let us know what happens.

killingtime":21agg79m said:
I've been looking for the same thing. I'm beginning to think their is no such thing as a clean used loader. Every one I find is either beat up or they want an arm and a leg for it. I personally think you will have better luck buying a clean tractor with a loader, than finding a loader alone. Let us know what happens.
I think so too. But trying to sell a tractor around here without a loader is pretty futile anyway

If you know what kind of shape your existing tractor is in, KEEP IT. I personally never buy a used a tractor thats had a loader on it, unless I'm very familiar with the tractor or the model (some tractors you just couldn't hurt, like the Magnum IHs). Just keep looking; I run across used loaders all the time.

Rod

I purchased a new loader for my tractor after trying to locate used for close to a year. Burnt a lot of gas and a few Saturdays going to look and finding something worn out. Buy new will likely add to the cost but it comes with some perks like quick-tach which is worth a great deal when you wish to change tools with little or no help. I believe you get what you pay for and have not regreted my loader investment. I also had to add hydralics to my tractor before the loader was installed. Costly but also a good investment I think.

Finding a good used loader is hard but I do not like the new JD self leveling loaders they are hard to stack hay with and if you get stuck you can not use the bucket to get your self out for lack of a better term they suck! and take a look at the bush hog loaders I really like them.

OSU cowboy22":23m8h9p7 said:
Finding a good used loader is hard but I do not like the new JD self leveling loaders they are hard to stack hay with and if you get stuck you can not use the bucket to get your self out for lack of a better term they suck! and take a look at the bush hog loaders I really like them.

And Bush Hog will gladly paint their unit John Deere green!

OSU cowboy22":5688qu80 said:

I sprung for a new (just know this is going to shock some folks here) Bush Hog 2846 loader for my Ford 7710 about 5 years or so ago. Looked at a bunch of used ones and finally broke down and got the new one, a friend of mine let me have it a dealer cost. 4500 bucks with a bucket, spike, cable valve and a few other bells and whistles. Picked it up in a crate and assembled it myself. The cable control valve is junk but the quick hitch is nice, if someone would have came anywhere close to the price I'd have got an Alo or Quicke or whatever you call them.

Latest posts