Buying heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

superx

Reaction score
I would like to get a show heifer abd was wondering which breeds would be best for a show enviroment.

All breeds have bloodlines suitable for a show environment. Elaborate on what you want to get out of your show heifer and the show experience, please?

heres some advice.talk to your local ag teachers an 4H leaders an see what breeds they like.go to some livestock shows.an see what breeds they are showing.also what age will be showing the calf.personally for your climate.id get a beefmaster heifer.but then again im a beefmaster breeder.

bigbull338":hdqq84mc said:
heres some advice.talk to your local ag teachers an 4H leaders an see what breeds they like.go to some livestock shows.an see what breeds they are showing.also what age will be showing the calf.personally for your climate.id get a beefmaster heifer.but then again im a beefmaster breeder.

I agree! But I'm biased as well. :)

since i put my neck on the chopping block.im wondering who will use the axe on me :lol:

bigbull338":2sh6lobb said:
oh i know its coming.just a matter of time :lol:
WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT telling this person to get a BEEFMASTER that would be like putting a JERSEY in a beef class
You should know there is only 1 breed of BEEF cattle that should be able to exist on this earth and that is a

HEREFORD :lol: :lol:

the rest of us can only dream of owning the best breed in the world and our lowly Limi's Beefmaster's, Texas Longhorns and Angus just should be wiped off the face of the earth

Latest posts