Buying guns online

Help Support CattleToday:

I have purchased several from gunbroker and buds gun shop.
You can also go to gun.deals or ammoseek to find the best online prices on firearms and ammunition

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Kenny Thomas would be the one to ask.

Hard to beat GunBroker for variety and a true price. Buds is good for new guns for sure. Either way they must be shipped to an FFL dealer for transfer to you.

I keep waiting for gun prices to come down like cattle prices. Every gun shop is stocked full and sales are slow compared to a few short years ago, you can't eat them. I have bought a few on GB, but with the shipping cost, transfer fees, etc. you have a keeper.

Thanks for the replies. I wound up ordering from KYgunCo for $20 less than buds. This is my first time ordering from them. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Out of classified sections on forums like 2cool, etc. They are individual to individual transactions so its nice and easy. I have kind of gotten away from gunbroker and some of those. They don't really have any deals any more so you might as well just walk in and put your hands on them.Every now and then they will has some specials and it might be worth it. We have a local ffl guy that charges like $50 to have guns sent to him.

Armslist for local individual deals on guns, ammoseek, or ammospy for stuff like 9mm or obscure stuff.

I used Gun Brokers. I never found it to be cheaper by the time you pay the shipping and the FFL to receive and transfer. What has worked for me is finding a particular gun that you just don't see everyday at the local gun stores.

Gun broker is not always the better deal. There are good prices at all the places listed. On GunBroker you will pay whatever it is worth that day. As Dave said some very rare guns can be purchased there also.

Does everyone here buy guns on a fairly regular basis? I was thinking that I probably haven't bought a gun in 30 years.

I'm always cruising around the antique firearms on Gunbroker, looking more than buying. I've purchased online from Palmetto State Armory and Classic Firearms. We have a local business that does monthly online auctions that I buy and sell a lot at called The Gunrunner auctions. All the Gunrunner auctions are no reserve and start out at $20.

Gunbroker for private sales or custom guns.

Most of the other big ones are all fine. Midway, Palmetto, etc. I've used all of them.

For ammo, I strictly use www.gunbot.net to search for deals.

What you looking for? I've got a few high end guns I've been debating on parting with.