Buying bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

That would be $3500 I'd be putting in my pocket

That would be $3500 I'd be putting in my pocket. That kind of thing is easily repaired at home.
How would you tackle it Travlr? I'm thinking pull the edges together, a bit of mig welding then fair off with some bog? But then I'm no panel beater and I'm a bit rough.

Ken

If its a "nice" truck then 3500 isn't too bad to fix that. Probably cut that section out then weld in a new/used section from a donor truck. Takes a lot of work to do it right and not just fill it with bondo.

If its a beater truck and you don't care what it looks like then you can hack it together at home.

If its a "nice" truck then 3500 isn't too bad to fix that. Probably cut that section out then weld in a new/used section from a donor truck. Takes a lot of work to do it right and not just fill it with bondo.

If its a beater truck and you don't care what it looks like then you can hack it together at home.
It is a fairly nice looking truck. It's a 2018 with the Duramax. I think we are close to 100,000 miles on it. The box is no longer pristine; I would like to put a flatbed on it, that depend on how long I keep the truck.

It is a fairly nice looking truck. It's a 2018 with the Duramax. I think we are close to 100,000 miles on it. The box is no longer pristine; I would like to put a flatbed on it, that depend on how long I keep the truck.
Is the ding in the bed? $3500 would go a long way toward paying for a flatbed.

I have some that it was hard to find a place to put my brand.
We used to get a premium from the slaughter plant if the brands were kept off the main hide, I always put my brand on the right hand side of the neck, while neighbours mostly branded low on the hind leg - it made mine more identifiable as well Lol.

We used to get a premium from the slaughter plant if the brands were kept off the main hide, I always put my brand on the right hand side of the neck, while neighbours mostly branded low on the hind leg - it made mine more identifiable as well Lol.
Most states designate brand location. Right or left... and hip, rib, or shoulder. Mine was on the left shoulder. I prefer a hip or rib brand but no one gets to choose unless you drive a thousand miles to the opposite side of the state to apply in person.

My 3500 GMC 4 door 98 4x4 dully was hit in the parking lot last year on the rear fender, until that it too was pristine with almost 200k on it
It now has Bondo/fiberglass , still haven't sanded it down or painted.. Eh it gives it character..
Consider it war wounds !

Well I bought that Black Hereford. Got dads approval, so I believe he should work. They were asking $3500, I got him for $2500. I think they were needing the money. I think he needed to be fed more. All of their cows were a bit on the skinny side. They said they had to start feeding hay earlier than normal due to the drought, and I think they were running out of hay.

It's been a rough year for sure, feed is super high.
Around here only a few folks don't mind horns on cattle, but must be short.
I have been out of hay for almost a month, but I have some really good neighbors.

That brought some hay over. But I do have 3 of their cattle ,that I have been feeding for 5yrs now.
Yeah that having come to get them.. Our area we all are a tad laid back , on the mountain

Last night I gave that bull what I thought was a lot of hay, he ate quite a bit of it. Dad came out to help me get through the area that we put the bull in, and dad was not fast enough getting out of the truck and my pup got out. He chased the bull in the with the cows. I didn't really want the bull in with the cows, but that is what I got.

One the way back dad decided he wanted to drive; his driving is getting bad, he scared the living **** out of me, I just might have to go back to Casper to find it. On a positive note, he did say that he thinks he should not drive anymore; don't know it that will happen. I try to do all the driving if I can. His reaction time has really slowed down, and I am not sure he can see all that well. After we unloaded the bull he tried backing the trailer into the spot where we had been parking, he ended up with it at an angle to where it is normally parked, almost hit the swather. I think he tries to go to fast. He feels like he can't do anything anymore, but I'm just glad to have his experience around.

Last night I gave that bull what I thought was a lot of hay, he ate quite a bit of it. Dad came out to help me get through the area that we put the bull in, and dad was not fast enough getting out of the truck and my pup got out. He chased the bull in the with the cows. I didn't really want the bull in with the cows, but that is what I got.

One the way back dad decided he wanted to drive; his driving is getting bad, he scared the living **** out of me, I just might have to go back to Casper to find it. On a positive note, he did say that he thinks he should not drive anymore; don't know it that will happen. I try to do all the driving if I can. His reaction time has really slowed down, and I am not sure he can see all that well. After we unloaded the bull he tried backing the trailer into the spot where we had been parking, he ended up with it at an angle to where it is normally parked, almost hit the swather. I think he tries to go to fast. He feels like he can't do anything anymore, but I'm just glad to have his experience around.
and a wealth of memories. when my grandma was aging fast. she would tell of her memories of long ago. My aunt would ask her questions to get her to start talking and then turn on the cassette recorder. She made copies for the other family members, get way to preserve family memories.

Latest posts