buying a cow

Help Support CattleToday:

auctionboy":23ga3fu1 said:
I want to buy a cow! What do I do. Does it need food?
Yes, they prefer Mac and Cheese and they drink lots of whale milk. I prefer to keep mine in the spare bedroom.

Isomade":1e1aznta said:
auctionboy":1e1aznta said:
I want to buy a cow! What do I do. Does it need food?
Yes, they prefer Mac and Cheese and they drink lots of whale milk. I prefer to keep mine in the spare bedroom.
And I don't know about yours, but my cows like to go out to chick fil a, and Dairy Queen.

You have to send off for a cow nowadays. Mail A couple of boxtops and a SASE to Battlecreek Mi, and they'll send ya one in the mail. Feed it same as you do Sea Monkeys.

There are several types of cows (Angus, heifers, poll, wagyu) you can have a research of what type you'd like to buy, and yes you need to feed them and put them in a wide environment.

If you keep her in a freezer in small packages she won;t eat a thing

haase":2xtnxida said:
Bought mine at a rummage sale,keep em in the basement,and they like eating whataburger.

As for keeping them in the basement, I thought I read somewhere that in olden times, they had them under the house to provide heat.

In my search for that, came across this interesting article using cow heat in a more modern way for heating the house:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/homestea ... z2aJEA6EPf

It wasn't long before the inventive engineer realized that, since a single cow gives off 3,500-4,000 BTU an hour, a mere 15 milkers could provide sufficient excess warmth to heat a standard 2,000-square-foot home. Ramlow then devised a prototype Cowpower system . . . but he tested the unit for a year before he was satisfied enough to put it on the market.

Latest posts