buy horses

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hello, Which is the major state for equine industry ? I'm not a U.S. citizen. If I can stay in U.S. for just a few days to select horses, where should I go ? Where is the horse-intensive region? I'm looking for a quality jumper. Thanks!

[email protected]

Horses are all over the USA. Probably the South, Southwest, and West have the most variety. Lot of Quarterhorses, thorobreds, tennessee walking horses. Florida, Tennessee, Texas, California are big horse states (among others).

Depends on which breed you are looking for.

The jumpers, hunters, etc., are "probably" found more in the Eastern half of the USA--seems to be more "English" type afictionados in that part of the country. Other places have variety of breeds. Western half possibly more "functional" ranching type breeds as well as showing.

This probably doesn't answer your question too well. It's like "which way is up?" LOL.

[email protected]

if you are loking for juming horses, don't look in the us, they don't breed for that quality and don't have the history nor the requiered expertise. look in countries like belgium, germany or ireland. england too, but not too much.

[email protected]

> Hello, Which is the major state
> for equine industry ? I'm not a
> U.S. citizen. If I can stay in
> U.S. for just a few days to select
> horses, where should I go ? Where
> is the horse-intensive region? I'm
> looking for a quality jumper.
> Thanks!

Hi Hans, welcome ..The US has some of the finest horses and breeding programs in the world.We are able today to custom breed any horse or bloodline found anywhere in the world for the right price.Depending on what you want you need to contact the breed assocs.. of your intrest.. Some I might suggest would be The American Horse Shows assoc. Also the American wormblood assoc for farms they maybe able to help you locate the horse of your dreams!! Also look into visiting show jumping events or cross country events..Hope that gives you something to go on..Best Cindy

[email protected]

> if you are loking for juming
> horses, don't look in the us, they
> don't breed for that quality and
> don't have the history nor the
> requiered expertise. look in
> countries like belgium, germany or
> ireland. england too, but not too
> much.

Excuse me Mike, you might have been sleeping, but the US has won gold in the Olympics as well as the WEG in Jumping, and has done it with home-breds.

If you want to see warmblood jumpers, you may find more on the west coast especially California. If you like the TB for a jumper as well as warmbloods I would stay on the east coast, either the SE Pennsylvania/New Jersey area, or Maryland-Virginia-Kentucky area. If you go to New Jersey, you can't miss a stop at Gladstone, the home of the USET. An incredibly beautiful facility with some top horses in residence.

Latest posts