"Buy A Shotgun"

Help Support CattleToday:

The guy also said take a double barrel shot gun out on the patio and fire 2 shots in the air. Mmmm does he come up with his own stuff?

I guess you could always call a time out to reload. Plus, if your outside it should speed up the whole process.

But I'm confused, I thought women weren't smart enough to know if they are being attacked? Maybe that is just CO women. Hopefully 3way or Cottage farms can clarify this.

Some states prefer that a woman just allow a rapist to have his way rather than the woman being allowed to defend herself with a firearm since rape is not a life threatening event. I assume in their liberal mindset the woman is going to allow one sweaty man have his way why discriminate. Discrimination is far worse.

At least he finally said something worth conversing about. I would indeed prefer a scatter gun for home defense. Of all the things he has said over the past few years, this was probably the most intelligent thing. You can always tell when the city lease hunters arrive for deer season; bam, bam, bam. His "kill a deer by the third shot" made me recall this. Hearing one bam - dead deer. I did indeed completely empty the ought 6 two weeks ago but there were dead hogs everywhere. If there was more capacity in that clip, there would have been more dead. Don't think I would have fired off 30 rounds but for the first time in my life I wish I would have had that many. I aint about to go out and buy an AR tho.

Commercialfarmer":2qmxxzdl said:
The guy also said take a double barrel shot gun out on the patio and fire 2 shots in the air. Mmmm does he come up with his own stuff?

I guess you could always call a time out to reload. Plus, if your outside it should speed up the whole process.

But I'm confused, I thought women weren't smart enough to know if they are being attacked? Maybe that is just CO women. Hopefully 3way or Cottage farms can clarify this.
I wonder if he doesn't realize what is just shot up in the air has to come down???? 00 buck might make an impact when it lands.
Of course he would probably only load blanks.

This what my wife wanted for her birthday last week, and got. No arguments from me. Just had a very hard time finding one.
She already has a Ruger lcp, and a .38 revolver, but it was too hard for her to pull the trigger, she says this one is easy.
Plus it's pretty.....
tcp.jpg

You wonder if the yuppies are all gonna run out and buy shotguns now. Prices jump $500 a gun. Maybe I should sell a few if that happens.

Commercialfarmer":3c6mdc1k said:

I'm pretty sure y'all could guess my response to that one! Shove that whistle up....ummm.....where the sun don't shine. I find a hail of gunfire would be a far superior call for assistance (after the fact of course). That's one of the reasons the gun in my nightstand holds 14 rounds.

It's cute, but I don't do pink. She's right about revolvers. I've tried to explain to many over the years that the grips don't fit our hands well. It's the length from the backstrap to the trigger. For me, it makes my hand cramp. And I don't have particularly small hands. I didn't like the so called "girl" versions either. They were even worse and gave you such a short barrel they were no fun to shoot.

backhoeboogie":17gmoach said:
You wonder if the yuppies are all gonna run out and buy shotguns now. Prices jump $500 a gun. Maybe I should sell a few if that happens.

What are you shooting that cost under 500 buck's.
Heck a Remington Wingmaster will run 800 now I am not talking about that Express.
Browning BPS's are min 600.
Buddy you haven't priced the better shotgun's lately and this was before everything went nut's a few months ago.

CottageFarm":3n95eool said:
It's cute, but I don't do pink. She's right about revolvers. I've tried to explain to many over the years that the grips don't fit our hands well. It's the length from the backstrap to the trigger. For me, it makes my hand cramp. And I don't have particularly small hands. I didn't like the so called "girl" versions either. They were even worse and gave you such a short barrel they were no fun to shoot.

Not pink.. Raspberry :)

She has small hands and says she really likes shooting this one

Caustic Burno":32j3woe6 said:
backhoeboogie":32j3woe6 said:

Heck a Remington Wingmaster will run 800 now I am not talking about that Express.
Buddy you haven't priced the better shotgun's lately and this was before everything went nut's a few months ago.

Hey CB I think he meant jumped $500.00 more than they were

danl":1fxr22k0 said:
Caustic Burno":1fxr22k0 said:
backhoeboogie":1fxr22k0 said:

Hey CB I think he meant jumped $500.00 more than they were

Yes. But I had no idea. Got several shotguns.

Got several pre-64 winchesters too but my eyes don't let me bounce cans at 100 yards with open sights any more. Can't even see the back sight. Gonna teach the grandkids how to use those sights one day and pass them on.

CB I mostly shoot an over under modern day LC Smith. It was a gift. I picked up one at the gunsmith shop a few years back. I threw it up and the sights landed perfectly on what I was looking at. They priced it. I handed it back to them. I unwrapped one on my 50th birthday. No way I would have paid their price.

I also shoot the old winchester pump. Got a fancy auto but every time I squeeze off a shot I try to pump it - old habits. Plus it does not throw up in place like the winchester or the LC Smith.

Got my great grandaddy's LC Smith with damascus barrells. It is a double barrel 32 inch side by side full choke goose gun that came out of the south-east TX rice fields. Will never shoot it.

Got several 20's I have picked up through the years for my daughters and wife to shoot.

If anyone was selling a decent shotgun for a decent price, I bought it over the last few decades. These things seem to be gold mines now.

Does not matter what you are shooting - pistol, shotgun, rifle - if you have never pulled the trigger in a closed-in room - you are in for a serious wake up call. Be ready for this if you have to use something in doors. Sounds easy but it is not. And the first shot is simple - some find it extremely difficult to take pain and make that second shot due to what happened to them when they pulled the first time.

Just saying .....

Best to all

Bez

A shotgun is a great home defense weapon,,,,,However!

What caught my eye is that our "Vice Commander In Chief" tells the whole world that his wife will come out on the front porch, shoot two shots in the air out of a double barrel shotgun.

What next?
Is he trying to say after she shoots two shots in the air take your best shot?
Or, as some have stated, is he just an idiot?

I vote idiot.

Unfortunately, someday one or more of his faithful followers will follow his advice and get hurt or killed.

snake67":1x9u85zz said:
Does not matter what you are shooting - pistol, shotgun, rifle - if you have never pulled the trigger in a closed-in room - you are in for a serious wake up call. Be ready for this if you have to use something in doors. Sounds easy but it is not. And the first shot is simple - some find it extremely difficult to take pain and make that second shot due to what happened to them when they pulled the first time.

Just saying .....

Best to all

Bez

One going off in the cab of 1972 Chevy pickup is pretty rough as well.
It is not good for the roof, back window and will leave the truck driverless .
Hearing will return in about a month I am told.

Latest posts