Butyrac 200?

Help Support CattleToday:

chaded

Reaction score
Anyone use this and how are the results? I have a good amount of clover in the pastures I'd like to keep if possible.

chaded said:
Anyone use this and how are the results? I have a good amount of clover in the pastures I'd like to keep if possible.

It's pricey, and weeds have to be very small to get a good kill. In my experience, if you don't have thistle to kill, use 24d at a rate less than 1qt/acre, and a good portion of the clover will survive. Especially if you do it when you've had rain, and more rain on the way.

Also, I ran some numbers, and for me, it was cheaper to spray 24d and frost seed clover the next year, than spray butyrac. Also, more successful weed kill with 24d

Bcompton53 said:
chaded said:

It's pricey, and weeds have to be very small to get a good kill. In my experience, if you don't have thistle to kill, use 24d at a rate less than 1qt/acre, and a good portion of the clover will survive. Especially if you do it when you've had rain, and more rain on the way.

I was wondering about that after looking more at it. Thanks for the info.

Of all the times I've sprayed 24d, I don't think I've ever had any clover killed. I know it's labeled to kill clover, but it must take a stronger rate than I use, which kills most everything else.

Best I can understand it is not labeled for pasture. It's for use in row crops and almost every weed listed must be less than 3". Many less than 1"

kenny thomas said:
Best I can understand it is not labeled for pasture. It's for use in row crops and almost every weed listed must be less than 3". Many less than 1"

I looked at a label once considering it and thought it had grazing restrictions.

tom4018 said:
kenny thomas said:

I looked at a label once considering it and thought it had grazing restrictions.

It does have grazing restrictions

Latest posts