Butter

Help Support CattleToday:

The way butter came to be is a container of cream turned to butter during a rough ride. It's long forgotten if the ride was on a pack horse or in some sort of wagon or carriage.

ga.prime":10kcne4o said:
The way butter came to be is a container of cream turned to butter during a rough ride. It's long forgotten if the ride was on a pack horse or in some sort of wagon or carriage.

Its much simpler today in a blender quicker too :lol2:

Jogeephus":21cews1t said:
kickinbull":21cews1t said:
skyhightree1":21cews1t said:
Thanks do you have any tips?
Do you ever make cottage cheese? If so, any tips? ours is always rubberery.

I don't like cottage cheese so I don't make it but if its rubbery I would think it could be two things. You overworked the curds is my first guess. You want to take them out just after a dropped one will no long splat but gently bounce when it hits the floor. The other thing would be to use colder non chlorinated water when rinsing them. Cold water will rehydrate the curd where warmer water will dehydrate them.

Not knowing your process its hard to say but I think if you backed off whatever you are doing by 10% and use cold water to rinse you might find yourself getting closer to what you want.
Thanks Jo, we'll try that.

skyhightree1":3r5zribr said:
ga.prime":3r5zribr said:

Its much simpler today in a blender quicker too :lol2:
That's right, advanced technologies have made it much easier. :D

It's amazing how the younger generation don't know what real butter tastes like and if they do they prefer margarine. Making butter used to be one of my chores on the farm when I was a kid. Fresh butter on a hot biscuit with molasses or ribbon cain syrup was hard to beat for breakfast.

Latest posts