Butter vs Margarine

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Butter vs Margarine

DO YOU KNOW...the difference between margarine and butter?

Read on to the end...gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.

Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5
grams.
Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other
foods.
Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only
because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors
of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years.

And now, for Margarine...

Very high in trans fatty acids...

Triple risk of coronary heart disease..

Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) Lowers

HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol) ..

Increases the risk of cancers by up to five fold...

Lowers quality of breast milk...

Decreases immune response...

Decreases insulin response.

And here is the most disturbing fact....

HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC...

This fact alone was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and
anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added,
changing the molecular structure of the substance).

YOU can try this yourself: purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in
your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a
couple of things: no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go
near it (that should tell you something). It does not rot or smell
differently .. because it has no nutritional value, nothing will grow on
it... even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic. Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

Share This With Your Friends.....(Butter them up!)

I gave up margarine for butter years ago. Hated the taste, and figured it would just be a matter of time before they figured out it was better for you anywy! Kinda like eggs.. and beef..

Butter contains congugated linolic acid margerine does not. I have a hobby of watching what really old people buy at the grocery store.

What I have seen is the frisky healthy looking older people are loading the cart with butter, half and half, bacon, beef, eggs, and all the other natural yummy foods we all love.

The sickly shaking pale ones are buying special margerines that are supposed to be heart healty, egg substitues, fake whipping cream, coffee creamer and a basket full of other artificial food.

Food for thought?

:roll:

I'll admit I was surprised when I saw margarine for the first time that you didn;t have to squeeze the little color packet through to make it yellow instead of white.

dun

My Grandpa is 83 years young. He tells everyone he is 19, has for 20 years.

We'd milk in the morning and come in the house and Grandma had breakfast ready for us. Bowl of ceral with milk from the bulk tank, 2 pieces of white bread toast smothered in butter (usually home made) and 2 eggs sunnyside up. According to any doctor that is a heart attack waiting to happen. Grandpa is the healthyist man I know. Still milking 30 head twice a day in a tie stall barn.

dun":2x7lhbj1 said:
Victoria":2x7lhbj1 said:
I have always prefered the taste of margarine to butter.

Me too.

dun

Actually, it depends on what you are used too. When you are used to the one,the other will taste funny, and vice-versa. I had to go through that every year when I was a kid coming to my uncles farm in Arkansas from Kalifornia.About the time I would get used to the taste of butter,we would go home and I would have to get used to margarine again. ;-) :shock: :) :cboy:

I'm a butter lover. Give me real eggs too. My grampa died at the ripe old age of 92 as did his sister. He was mowing his own lawn at that age. Just fell asleep one night and never woke up. His diet would have worried any doctor. Maybe its genetics. certherf, I guess your grandpa has good genes too, hope he keeps at it. That's what keeps you living, is living.

Katherine

Latest posts