butt prolapse

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know how big it is, but at 9 months it may still only be 500 lbs (it could be 1000 too). If the vet is going to work on it, might as well get rid of the nuts at the same time! Then you can grow it out a while and get something out of it. At the price of cattle these days I'm more ready to consider a vet bill than in 2007!

You have to get a vet to sew it back in they will give him a shot to relax
one vet can sew it up on a circle and that works very well
other vets sew it two strings from side to side those usually come out even if in a year.

Problem is bull calves jumping cows in heat.

Do not puncture the skin and do not try to put it in yourself must have a vet or highly skilled cowboy that can stitch well with the shot to relax a must

He has made his mind up to take it to the sale----if it dont die before he does. Sale is tomorrow. He had planned in loading it today but it was way to wet to get the truck in there to load it. I told him we could pull the trailer out with the tractor to the road but hes worried about the tractor making the mud worse. Im sure the ram could have done it too but probably would have been slingin mud the whole way. The 4-low in it is awesome. I think his wife is mad at me already cause i put some hay in the barn when it was wet this last week and made it muddy around the barn.

Latest posts