Butchers

Help Support CattleToday:

talldog

Reaction score
Being raised in a abbatoir with my Dad and Grandpa, we used to slaughter and custom wrap---. So-call butchers now see nothing but Box Beef! We processed chickens, turkeys,hogs and rabbits---A Dying Trade !!!!!! WHAT'S NEXT :wave:

talldog":31n5qs09 said:
Being raised in a abbatoir with my Dad and Grandpa, we used to slaughter and custom wrap---. So-call butchers now see nothing but Box Beef! We processed chickens, turkeys,hogs and rabbits---A Dying Trade !!!!!! WHAT'S NEXT :wave:

That's why they're called meat cutters and not butchers. A meat cutter doesn;t need to know how to break a carcass, just get specific cuts off of a pre-broken hunk of meat

talldog":tn6uwxp3 said:

Harness salesmen.

Workinonit Farm":33qsdx3i said:
Frankie":33qsdx3i said:
talldog":33qsdx3i said:
---A Dying Trade !!!!!! WHAT'S NEXT :wave:

Harness salesmen.

Harness folks, the good ones, are few and far between. Not easy to find someone nowadays who is a true leather-crafter.

Katherine

We have Amish around here so if we need any thing leather they have someone that can do it. They even butchered some 4-H kids broilers last year for 1.00 each. We did our own. How are kids going to learn if they dont do it or at least watch. This country is going down the tubes fast.JHH

Wonder how young people could cut up a whole chicken for frying. When i was a kid the neighbors would get together and kill hogs, one place one day another the next till we got everbodys done.

We used to kill 600 on a Thusday---Hens on Wednesday and fryers on Thursday. On Friday morning we had the Jewish Rabbi for the Kosher products( Jews paid twice as much)! :secret:

Our on farm slaughter/butcher guy can't find anyone that wants to train as a apprentice. Offered my son but both of them started backing up so the boy will find other carrier paths and Curt will probably keep cutting by himself. DMc.

There isn't a butcher/processing plant in our county, and it's rural. We have to drive 30+ miles to take an animal in for processing, and another 60+ mile round trip to go pick up the meat.

Latest posts