Butchering Rodeo cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Little Joe

Reaction score
I've got a buddy that has a rodeo cow that is one bad b----, we're thinking of grinding her and selling the beef. I know one that's amped up has an effect on tenderness but would it effect the taste if it was ground, she's good and fat but she's just rank and he's tired of dealing with her?

I've got a buddy that has a rodeo cow that is one bad b----, we're thinking of grinding her and selling the beef. I know one that's amped up has an effect on tenderness but would it effect the taste if it was ground, she's good and fat but she's just rank and he's tired of dealing with her?
If your going to do the butchering your self keeping her quiet shouldn't be to big a deal. Put her in with a couple other cows, sneak back later and shoot her.
Or just drive out on a tractor and shoot her in the pasture.

We took a cow like that into the butcher, straight from the pasture to the butcher, she was 3 years old and crazy, that was the toughest burger I have ever had.. plus it had a really strong almost gamey flavor that I didn't care for. And I like venison. We probably should have shot her before hauling her, she got really wound up riding in the trailer, she was doing circles the whole time and never settled down.

Well he decided to keep her, he got to thinking what if she was the one that would produce the next world champion bucking bull, he turned her into a 300+ acre place with some other crazy rodeo cows and said he'd never try to catch her again. She's well bred but I can't remember what he said her bloodlines were.

We took a cow like that into the butcher, straight from the pasture to the butcher, she was 3 years old and crazy, that was the toughest burger I have ever had.. plus it had a really strong almost gamey flavor that I didn't care for. And I like venison. We probably should have shot her before hauling her, she got really wound up riding in the trailer, she was doing circles the whole time and never settled down.
That's how I was afraid this would be.

Latest posts