Butcher Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob- you say consumers don't have to worry about market driven price changes, but that is after you say you are making a price change do to the corn market price. I think most home grown beef is better then feedlot crap, some people are focusing only on fat as what is quality, that's not what my customers think.

auctionboy":1sfc7967 said:
I think most home grown beef is better then feedlot crap, some people are focusing only on fat as what is quality, that's not what my customers think.
Yeah those 800 pound live weight calves you butcher with an infected eye along with diarrhea and coughing they are much better quality than feedlot cattle. Can I buy some of your infected beef so I can have real quality?

somn":3ibocj8g said:
auctionboy":3ibocj8g said:
I think most home grown beef is better then feedlot crap, some people are focusing only on fat as what is quality, that's not what my customers think.
Yeah those 800 pound live weight calves you butcher with an infected eye along with diarrhea and coughing they are much better quality than feedlot cattle. Can I buy some of your infected beef so I can have real quality?
I kept a 1/4 off that heifer and it was great and the customers said it was the greatest steak they ever had! Those problems did not effect meat quality and presented zero health risk! Just because an animal isn't fed enough corn to make the meat full of colesterol and unhealthy doesn't make it bad,it makes it better. that beef was not "infected" you are a sensationalist, maybe you should go work for the media!

auctionboy":30y3hxg7 said:
I kept a 1/4 off that heifer and it was great and the customers said it was the greatest steak they ever had! Those problems did not effect meat quality and presented zero health risk! Just because an animal isn't fed enough corn to make the meat full of colesterol and unhealthy doesn't make it bad,it makes it better. that beef was not "infected" you are a sensationalist, maybe you should go work for the media!
It was only in your mind that animal presented zero health risk you butchered a 800 pound calf with an infection of the eye, diarrhea and coughing that was probably bought at an auction the week before. Remember you don't make your money on gain you make your money off margin. Can I buy some meat from your sick auction barn calves so I too can have infected beef of such high quality?

somn":25e1c7w8 said:
auctionboy":25e1c7w8 said:
It was only in your mind that animal presented zero health risk you butchered a 800 pound calf with an infection of the eye, diarrhea and coughing that was probably bought at an auction the week before. Remember you don't make your money on gain you make your money off margin. Can I buy some meat from your sick auction barn calves so I too can have infected beef of such high quality?
The injury took place at my barn, it was not an illness! The heifer was digging around in some old dusty hay and that is what brang on its pinkeye, hope no body caught it from eating a pinky eye "infected" burger! You should learn the basics of anything before you try to make anyone look bad.

auctionboy":b11yps65 said:
The injury took place at my barn, it was not an illness! The heifer was digging around in some old dusty hay and that is what brang on its pinkeye, hope no body caught it from eating a pinky eye "infected" burger! You should learn the basics of anything before you try to make anyone look bad.
You have the balls to come on here call feedlot cattle crap but yet you butchered a 800 pound calf with an infection of the eye, diarrhea and coughing that was bought at the salebarn the week before. Remember you don't make your money on the gain you make it on the margin. The margin comes from buying sick cattle cheap at the auction and selling the sick infected cattle to some unsuspecting consumer who thinks they are buying home raised beef. You might want to change your screen name to dishonestboy.

listen tool,
I bought those heifers at the average price, I said that price was cheap and everybody devalues Hereford heifers so I buy them to slaughter. They make excellent beef. As for sick animals at the auction I would consider buying animals with a bad leg or many other problems that make them very cheap but wouldn't effect meat quality, haven't bought any yet but probabily will. My margin is from the lack in interest for beef heifers around here and the grocery stores charging sometimes $4/ground beef. I do not lie to my customers and they all know me and where and when I get my cattle. I am very honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.