Butcher fee

Help Support CattleToday:

BILL CLAYLAND

Reaction score
Just checked a local butcher and they kill, process, wrap and freeze in paper for .60 a lb. USDA inspected
Hows this sound in line for you freezer beef guys?

Bill

My butcher charges .58/lb and a 50.00 kill fee plus they keep the hide.

I would take any of those out here, it is $150 to kill, he comes to you. and $.85 for processing. The guy we used to use is now at 1.25 to process and the same killer does the killing so it is $150 for that.

mine does it at my farm...takes everything with him cept for alittle blood on the grnd..custom cuts it...paper wraps it..and i git anything i want cept for the spinal column...

Central Indiana is .37 hang weight,25 kill fee. NOT USDA inspected,just state inspected.

No full time inspector, but facility is inspected on a regular basis. $30 kill fee, .60 per pound bone out in vacuum package, .45 bone out in paper. Cost extra if you only want one steak per package, I think 8 cents. They keep the hide. Processing price is charged per hot carcass hanging weight.

.35/ lb hang weight and 35 kill fee. You get anything you ask for, but they usually keep the skins, tongues, organ meats etc unless you want em. USDA inspected and thje best around. Their 1 1/2 hrs away and I have one 20 minutes away with a not so good rep, so its worth the drive

Angus Cowman":2k73om7i said:
dang around here
we pay anywhere from $10-$15 kill fee and from $.40 to $.52 for processing on hanging weight

both that I use are USDA inspected
so were are you getting it done at ill be in the market soon near bolivar?

here in NEast Oklahoma i'm paying $50 kill fee and 47 cents a pound hanging weight. that's hung 3 weeks and
vacuum wrapped. no USDA.

There are a number around here. I use two depending on availability. The prefered one is a one man operation. He kills at his place. $10 kill, $.048 a pound hanging weight to cut and wrap. State inspected. I prefer the quality of his work.

The second is a larger operation. Farm kill $60 and $0.48 a pound hanging weight to cut and wrap. State inspected. I like and trust this owner but he has a large crew and sometimes I think they do sloppy work.

There is a plant near here which does USDA inspected kill. I have heard that they charge about $10 more than farm kill. The larger of the two operations I use also has a USDA inspected cut and wrap line. I know it cost more for USDA inspected cut and wrap but I am not sure how much more.

State inspected but not USDA. Northern Missouri. $40 kill charge, .50 pound cut and wrap (double wrap, plastic then paper), and he charges a little extra for tenderizing the round steaks, maybe a couple of bucks on a quarter of beef.

Dave":vrvnyoc6 said:
There are a number around here. I use two depending on availability. The prefered one is a one man operation. He kills at his place. $10 kill, $.048 a pound hanging weight to cut and wrap. State inspected. I prefer the quality of his work.

The second is a larger operation. Farm kill $60 and $0.48 a pound hanging weight to cut and wrap. State inspected. I like and trust this owner but he has a large crew and sometimes I think they do sloppy work.

There is a plant near here which does USDA inspected kill. I have heard that they charge about $10 more than farm kill. The larger of the two operations I use also has a USDA inspected cut and wrap line. I know it cost more for USDA inspected cut and wrap but I am not sure how much more.

What do you mean USDA cut and wrap line?

bannedagain":204y2l6g said:
Dave":204y2l6g said:

What do you mean USDA cut and wrap line?

Here we go again with this USDA BULLSHYT. Why wait I hope they ban you right now before we have to hear any more about the USDA

I'm paying $45 to kill and 50 cents a lb here in kent county. That's dry aged for 3 weeks and vaccumn packed.