But, it's a dry heat

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":3g7b2e73 said:
We're setting a new temp record for Sep. 23--95 F. But hey, it feels great because it's only 30% humidity.
but it makes a ton of difference,, that humidity will pull the resin out of you :cowboy:

Growing up and living in arizona for 18 years where it gets to 120 f and is commonly in the realm of 115, its hard for me to fathom anyone complaining about 95 and 30%. Living in FL now when people ask me about the difference I tell them to stick their head in an oven, then a sauna and tell me which they would prefer. Best analogy there is

hooknline":9ew4czw5 said:
Growing up and living in arizona for 18 years where it gets to 120 f and is commonly in the realm of 115, its hard for me to fathom anyone complaining about 95 and 30%. Living in FL now when people ask me about the difference I tell them to stick their head in an oven, then a sauna and tell me which they would prefer. Best analogy there is

As a farmer, I'm just exercising the constitutional right to complain about the weather. :cboy:

hooknline":3rrxrsw2 said:
I'll take the high Arizona temps anyday and 105 in West Texas is down right cool. Never break a sweat but 105- 107 and 60% humidity around here is more like pure he$$. All are too hot for safety.

hooknline":253ejs1m said:
I know, it wasn't a jab at you, just an observation. :tiphat:

I'm sure 95 seems commonplace to you, but in SE IN we don't see these temps in the late half of Sept very often. I didn't take offense, and the weather really isn't bad other than the whole county is a tinderbox.
Sunshine, I'm soaking it in. Soon the long days of no sunshine will begin.
It's almost a calling, a duty, for a farmer to complain about the weather. :nod:

I gotcha john. I just keyed in on the title because I heard it a lot. We were in upstate NY during the heatwave over the 4th of july. It was 95 in Fl and 95 in NY. Difference was the humidity, and I was loving the dry air in NY. And farmers will always complain about something, it the nature of the beast :mrgreen:

High of 59 here today, but it was a wet heat. :p

On a postive note the leaves are at their full peak, gorgeous fall colors this year. :D

MistyMorning":292m9myy said:
High of 59 here today, but it was a wet heat. :p

On a postive note the leaves are at their full peak, gorgeous fall colors this year. :D

My trees are shedding green leaves at a trot. The first good rain will put 2/3 of the leaves on the ground.

Texasbred, I have worked fires in west Texas at 105 and to me it sure was not cool. I like to have had a stroke.
I have also worked east Texas at 95 with high humidity and it was not good either.

john250":1ez07n6u said:
hooknline":1ez07n6u said:
I know, it wasn't a jab at you, just an observation. :tiphat:

I'm sure 95 seems commonplace to you, but in SE IN we don't see these temps in the late half of Sept very often. I didn't take offense, and the weather really isn't bad other than the whole county is a tinderbox.
Sunshine, I'm soaking it in. Soon the long days of no sunshine will begin.
It's almost a calling, a duty, for a farmer to complain about the weather. :nod:
lol, absolutely John. too hot, too cold, too dry too wet. There's not a lot left to talk about. I guess hot and cold is defined by where you live. You guys laugh at 15 degrees in the winter and put on a long sleeve shirt. I dam near freeze to death.

kenny thomas":36h3decc said:
Texasbred, I have worked fires in west Texas at 105 and to me it sure was not cool. I like to have had a stroke.
I have also worked east Texas at 95 with high humidity and it was not good either.
Ken it had to be the fire. lol. Hot is hot..Personally I try to spend all the time I can somewhere where the temp is arounmd 72 like "inside the house". last time I was in WTex saw lots of firemen watching fires from the ground and the air. Guess it's a full time job.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: that's the colour I've turned talking about all that heat, the weather has turned here and it is mighty cold outside had to put the heating on for the first time today, and I'm not liking it one bit. I love the sun and would not complain of we had it that hot all year around as long as it rained a little during the night.

We hit 102 today with 68% humidity, then we got our first rain in 42 days. I know most of y'all go longer without it but we don't, 30 year old oak trees dying in the fencerows :cry2: