Busy few days

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
So first off, most of you know about the cattle/hay situation we are in. And some of you may remember we got into honey bees. Well I have to say the hard work paid off. We may have taken a hit when we sold the calves, we did take a hit, and we took a hit when we sold 1/2 of the herd. Well the honey bees did not bad. We got a cheque that would make up for the losses of the calves. I know it would have been better to get good cattle prices and good honey prices, but you take what you can get. Now after the holidays I have to put the pencil to the paper and see if we actually made money on the bees. Here is hoping, but at this point our fiscal year ended on a high rather than a low.
Any how we leave tomorrow for Alberta. A 10 day whirl wind trip. High River to see some cousins. Calgary to see aunts and cousins, Edmonton to see brothers and their families, maybe my dieing mother if she will "allow" and my dad. Then to Lloydminster to see my other brother and his new future wife and their two kids (3 years and new born) and watch them get married, they have been together for many years and decided two weeks ago to tie the not. Then home on the 28th. I will need a week of rest to get ready to go back to work after that.

Have a Merry Christmas y'all
and a happy New Year!!

Rockridge

I am glad to hear you two are getting away for a few days RR. Have a nice trip and drive safe..

Merry Christmas :santa:and Happy New Year

I look forward to your posts in "09.. :) :tiphat:

how many hives do you have?

We had bees up until about '99 or so, they either got the mites or had too damp a winter.. We only had 1 hive, but it was pretty well established.. we could do with about 5 around our place

Say hi to my relatives while you're in the edmonton area :p

Hope you have a good time!

have a safe fun trip visiting your family.an enjoy being away from the cows for awhile.

Wireless connections are great. I have been keeping our families updated on facebook with our progess on the trip. Then they know we are alive and well, and safe in this brutal weather.
We got tired and spent the night in "the Hat" The comfort in is real nice. Then off to my cousin, whom i do not know well cause my parents divorced at a real early age. i wanted to learn about my roots. Now i wish i did not.
Thankfully for the anonymity of the internet, I feel free to share some of these views. reader discression advised.

1. My Grandmother felt that she should have drowned my dad, and aunts when she had the chance, She would have been a hundred this year, died about 5 years ago, married and had kids at 40...she spent 13 years on and off in a mental hospital, but back then they put you in there for anything...I am hoping it is not hereditary. She was a devout Christian, who was extremely, racist, did anything for her grandkids.
2. My grandfather used to disappear for 3-4 months at a time...?
3. this is easy one to take, I am of English and Scotish background...father's side
4. A long line of drunks and i am guessing seens how I know my mother and her mother, a long line of loones
5. father fall in that line
6. He talks to his father all the time...that would not be so bad but
7. He believes aliens created him and they will come back one day
8. Aliens have come and performed experiments on him and taken him up to their ship
9. Except for my Grand parents on my father's side, no one on my fathers side has only been married only once and stayed together, not been beaten by a drunk, or lived some sense of a normal life....highly overated.
If you do know me, please do not hold these things against me! Truely it is no wonder God saw fit to keep us childless.

I just had to get these off my Chest...not going to tell any one who actually knows me!

The rest of the trip is unadventfull

Nesikep,
We had about 156 hives in the summer, and i destroyed about 8-10 because they were not strong enough to get through the winter. So right now i have about 146-148 hives. Maybe 300 (dream) in the spring

rockridgecattle":eyh7g5ve said:
Wireless connections are great. I have been keeping our families updated on facebook with our progess on the trip. Then they know we are alive and well, and safe in this brutal weather.
We got tired and spent the night in "the Hat" The comfort in is real nice. Then off to my cousin, whom i do not know well cause my parents divorced at a real early age. i wanted to learn about my roots. Now i wish i did not.
Thankfully for the anonymity of the internet, I feel free to share some of these views. reader discression advised.

1. My Grandmother felt that she should have drowned my dad, and aunts when she had the chance, She would have been a hundred this year, died about 5 years ago, married and had kids at 40...she spent 13 years on and off in a mental hospital, but back then they put you in there for anything...I am hoping it is not hereditary. She was a devout Christian, who was extremely, racist, did anything for her grandkids.
2. My grandfather used to disappear for 3-4 months at a time...?
3. this is easy one to take, I am of English and Scotish background...father's side
4. A long line of drunks and i am guessing seens how I know my mother and her mother, a long line of loones
5. father fall in that line
6. He talks to his father all the time...that would not be so bad but
7. He believes aliens created him and they will come back one day
8. Aliens have come and performed experiments on him and taken him up to their ship
9. Except for my Grand parents on my father's side, no one on my fathers side has only been married only once and stayed together, not been beaten by a drunk, or lived some sense of a normal life....highly overated.
If you do know me, please do not hold these things against me! Truely it is no wonder God saw fit to keep us childless.

I just had to get these off my Chest...not going to tell any one who actually knows me!

The rest of the trip is unadventfull

Don't think for a minute that you are either alone or unique. Have a nice Christmas.

well, 150 hives is enough to keep a guy hopping, not sure how many our local beekeeper has.

At some point we may start up again with bees, mostly just for our own use and for pollination..

keep having a safe trip.sounds like your learning alot about your family.an those are things that you wish you didnt know.

Latest posts