busy day

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Got back from my regular job around 1 today and checked the weather forecast to see if it was seeding time. It was, so I got the fields all seeded with the jumbo rye. Then, I finished building out the crowding/finishing pen, and gathered them all in. With the intent of worming everyone. Ran out of wormer with 3 to go, so ran and got more. Got that done but now the cows are all pizzed at me and bellering.
Busy days like this keep me from drinking too much beer :mrgreen:

Congratulations on getting the rye planted in one afternoon. I like to spread it out over an entire weekend with breaks in between fixing tractor and grain drill problems.

Well, I did have to plug the weep hole underneath with a stopper..does that count?
Sposed to rain tomorrow and friday. Hope that storm doesn't come this way and wash all the seed out

But think what a great sense of satisfaction you got by accomplishing all that. Cows will get over it. What did you use for dewormer?

hooknline":2wg3g2gt said:
Well, Sposed to rain tomorrow and friday. Hope that storm doesn't come this way and wash all the seed out

is this rainfall going to be from one of the many hurricanes they told us we would have this year due to global warming? They did promise us more than average this year but I've been too busy to keep count of them all. I'm sure someone is getting hammered somewhere as I type. And they are going to be more intense too. Stay safe and remember not to take any wooden nickles.

my day yesterday wasn't too bad
ran a do all over 68 acres of ground to smooth it so we could plant oats some of it I had ton run over twice becaue it kept pulling up cotton stalks, then ran and got some module tarps and the Boss a strawberry milkshake and rode a few rounds on the picker with him then went back and seeded the oats because the spreader was set too light when the other guy seeded it then I started rolling and quit about 8 last nite got up this morning and let a pot load of calves out of the corral into a pasture of oats with the last potload

then moved some cows down the road and turned them into a cotton field with oats planted in it then went back and rolled the worked up ground until it started raining then went to dinner and then I have mostly piddled around the rest of the day
so i haven't really done much yesterday or today just about normal here in the Delta

sounds like you had a good day working the cows,even if you had to go get more wormer.

hooknline":31fn5rzj said:
Got back from my regular job around 1 today and checked the weather forecast to see if it was seeding time. It was, so I got the fields all seeded with the jumbo rye. Then, I finished building out the crowding/finishing pen, and gathered them all in. With the intent of worming everyone. Ran out of wormer with 3 to go, so ran and got more. Got that done but now the cows are all pizzed at me and bellering.
Busy days like this keep me from drinking too much beer :mrgreen:

Give me a call next time and I'll help you.....(drink the beer that is). :lol2: