Busy day...

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Talk about a day with cows today! I wish I had my camera with me, but me and another lady assistant had to go out to keep an eye on some cows and calves while waiting for this fella to get another load of cows. Cows were in beautiful shape, as well as the calves. It was relatively noisy when the rest of the cows were unloaded, bawling to their calves to get all joined up before heading out to pasture.

And I discovered just how dumb calves are when trying to get them to go thru the gate to the pasture. Took them two runs around the corral to finally realize the gate was open so they could "escape" us.

THEN, later on I had to go with the boss and a different assistant to semen test eight bulls; three on the first two farms, and two on the last one. All Red Angus and HUGE S.O.B's (especially at the last farm; I'm guessing the last RA we did was something like a frame 8 and a BCS of 4.5 and a hip height of like 5 feet 5 inches. He was freaking huge!) and one Maine Anjou (all red). I was covered in bull$h!t (literally speaking) when I got home because my job was to put the probe in the rectum, hold it there and pull it out when ordered to. The Maine bull let loose a blast that got me covered pretty good when I took the probe out. Darn French bulls. :lol:

Oh yeah, and I made quite a mistake upon discovery at the first farm: forgot the electrical cord to the microscope. The boss wouldn't let me forget it, he rubbed it in on me from one farm to the next. He said that it was the first time in his 17 year career as a vet that one of his assistants forgot the cord to the microscope. Poor me! :( :lol: :oops: :oops:

IluvABbeef":2i8k7bo5 said:
Oh yeah, and I made quite a mistake upon discovery at the first farm: forgot the electrical cord to the microscope. The boss wouldn't let me forget it, he rubbed it in on me from one farm to the next. He said that it was the first time in his 17 year career as a vet that one of his assistants forgot the cord to the microscope. Poor me!

I've never heard of anyone forgetting the cord. Geeesh! Where was your head? Did you stay out and party last night or something? I don't know about other states but I know this has never happened in Georgia. ;-) :lol2:

Jogeephus":3ijry2sb said:
IluvABbeef":3ijry2sb said:
Oh yeah, and I made quite a mistake upon discovery at the first farm: forgot the electrical cord to the microscope. The boss wouldn't let me forget it, he rubbed it in on me from one farm to the next. He said that it was the first time in his 17 year career as a vet that one of his assistants forgot the cord to the microscope. Poor me!

I've never heard of anyone forgetting the cord. Geeesh! Where was your head? Did you stay out and party last night or something? I don't know about other states but I know this has never happened in Georgia. ;-) :lol2:
Did I understand this right? :???:
She forgot the electrical cord to the microscope?? :dunce:
How could that be?? :roll:
What is this world coming too? :stop:

Oh well. May as well :lol: about it and move on.

(I'm sure not going to tell her about some of the things I have done.)

Ryder":madkqm4v said:
(I'm sure not going to tell her about some of the things I have done.)

What? Mistakes? Never made one myself. I've always just created alternative challenges to the way things ought to be done. :D

:lol2: Yeah, he STILL hasn't forgotten even today! He'd make some sort of excuse for me having to do something e.i. clean his trucks becuase "you forgot the cord!" Nope, it'll take something big to make him forget about that.

You know, I really don't know how I forgot the darned thing. But, I think maybe it was when he hollered to not forget the stain as I was packing the microscope up and with a "I won't!" got completely side-tracked and...well, you can guess the rest of the story.

I still feel like a :dunce: but hey, laughing it off is better than getting in sh!t over it. :D

Who was it that forgot that they left the PTO shaft in the manure spreader and only remembered it was in there AFTER they filled it with manure. Now that was a classic for sure and definitely on the lines of what I would do. :nod:

Jogeephus":2qtngm8g said:
Who was it that forgot that they left the PTO shaft in the manure spreader and only remembered it was in there AFTER they filled it with manure. Now that was a classic for sure and definitely on the lines of what I would do. :nod:

:lol2: You poor guy! That certainly would be a chore to dig it out!!

Oh no, it wasn't me. I've done some dandies but to me this one was classic. Can't remember who posted that but it taught me to look in the spreader before I put anything in it. :nod:

aww come on a busy rough day keeps you on your toes.an your real tired at the end of the day.

Jogeephus":2k8oolbq said:
Been there------Done That !!!!!!! :nod: :nod:

Latest posts