bushog/cutter stuck on trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Usaully when moving from one rented pasture to next I pull the bushog Aka ,16ft rhino cutter , with the truck then come back and hook up the gooseneck trailer, load the tractor . This morning I was in a hurry and thought that in order to save time I would just drive the tractor and bushog up on the trailer.
All went well until it came time to unload . I discovered that the bushog had somehow gotten itself at a funny angle and there was no way it would unload off the trailer without going off the side of the trailer.

*Things that wont work when this happens to you.*
1.Pulling forward and backwards, no matter how many times , with only two feet of space.
2.Applying break on one or the other side of tractor in hopes of straightining bushog.
3.pulling bushog over in the correct unloading position with a two wheel drive truck.
4. Putting block behind one side of the bushogs tires in order two push the otherside into proper position.
Next time I will back the tractor and bushog on or move them seperatly.
Anyone else ever encountered this?

Did you try a hi-lift jack. I've never had anything that didn't act like it wanted to slide when on one. Jack one side up a few inches and it should be easier for the truck to slide it over a few inches at a time. If your not to bright like me jack it from the middle and shove the whole thing over by hand a few inches at a time.

Tod Dague":2gapyign said:
Did you try a hi-lift jack. I've never had anything that didn't act like it wanted to slide when on one. Jack one side up a few inches and it should be easier for the truck to slide it over a few inches at a time. If your not to bright like me jack it from the middle and shove the whole thing over by hand a few inches at a time.

Tod
Ain't it great to use the hi-lifts propensity to fall to one side to your advantage. Used one to rotate a loaded 2 wheel trailer in the barn by pushing it off the jack several times in the desired direction.

Good luck & happy trails.

Brock

One more idea to try. Next time you load, chain down your bushhog after you load it, then it won't move.

Texas PaPaw":13x1m3ue said:
Tod Dague":13x1m3ue said:

Tod
Ain't it great to use the hi-lifts propensity to fall to one side to your advantage. Used one to rotate a loaded 2 wheel trailer in the barn by pushing it off the jack several times in the desired direction.

Good luck & happy trails.

Brock
;-)