Bushhog quick attach vs skid steer quick attach

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Well, after deciding on a hay spear, instead of a spear for bucket---------I can't find a bushhog brand quick attach any where. Many skid steer quick attaches, but none like mine. I could probably build a bale spear, but I don't think I can duplicate the set up on my FEL. What should I do?

Have you checked Titan Attachments? They make a bunch of different styles of hay spears and attachments.

Before I spent that kind of money I would build a heavy duty set of bucket spears. Build it where it sits on the top of the bucket and rest on the inside bottom. Have the spears about 40" apart, mounted as close to the bottom of the bucket as you can and they will work as forks also. You have to put the weight on the top and bottom of the bucket or you will bend the bucket.

Bigfoot,

Call Ronnie Hill with Farm Sales in Eagleville TN. He is a used tractor and Bush Hog dealer. I had a 2640 that I bought from him that had the same type of quick connect hay spear. I'm willing to bet he can find you what you're looking for. PM me if you need his number.

Kyle

BigFoot
I have an extra bales spike frame quick attach for a bushog loader
I can measure it and give you the dimensions on the frame
as for the brackets they would not be that hard to replicate if you built the frame then added them to it
You wouldn't need all of the plates like they have pictured could probably build the whole thing for less than $500 including dual spikes
The spikes are about $85 each let me know if you want pics and measurements
I would NOT mount my spikes on the bucket

Got super lucky today, and found the frame with a bent spear for $200. I hated to pay $200, but I should have less than $300 when it's done. Looks like a new off brand was $750, and building one wasn't cheap either. I need to find a cheaper hobby :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick attach is a MUST on a loader. Last Saturday I had the pallets forks on and unloaded some seed. Then I put the bucket on and punched up a brush pile a little while later I need the forks again. I have pull two clevis pins drop attachment and reconnect to other attachment get off put pins in and do what I have to do.

You could not build the frame any cheaper.

Actually it must have been my unlucky day. Tried to put it on today, and it won't fit. Sure looked like a match, even measured as a match. What ever configuration my FEL is, is slightly different from this spear.

Bigfoot":207eqflk said:
Actually it must have been my unlucky day. Tried to put it on today, and it won't fit. Sure looked like a match, even measured as a match. What ever configuration my FEL is, is slightly different from this spear.
Do you have any pics ? Is it a quick connect or one that hooks directly to fel

When I built our hay spear, we wielded the top part at the proper angle. We tacked it on then bent it to fit right, then made a solid wield.
We took blank pieces of heavy flat metal and cut out a place big enough for the pins to drop down. With the spear in the quick attach, we placed the flat metal where it was snug and tacked them in place. Once they were fine tuned with a hammer we made them solid.
I wish all manufacturers would come to an agreement on a universal quick attach.

M5farm":3bq2vmy6 said:
Is the brackets on the New frame to wide or too narrow.

Too narrow, and the channel that my FEL should slide up in, is way way to shallow for my set up to work.

Dang, if the brackets worked but we're spaced wrong I was going to suggest splitting the frame in half and remove some metal if too wide or add a length of metal vertical if too narrow.

Yea, the thing is a puzzler. I think their engineers got their training thru some kind of third world correspondace program. The bucket, and spear are Bushhog brand. Both about the same age. I wonder why they would make two different setups, that are so strikingly similar, but not compatible.

I have a Bushhog loader on my Kubota M6800 with the quick attach bucket and hay spear. From looking at the spear attachment it wouldn't be easy to make. From my understanding the Bushhog loader company went out of business.

d6bf27.jpg

jltrent":17hb5kgt said:
I have a Bushhog loader on my Kubota M6800 with the quick attach bucket and hay spear. From looking at the spear attachment it wouldn't be easy to make. From my understanding the Bushhog loader company went out of business.

d6bf27.jpg

I didn't realize they had quit making them. Thanks. That would explain the crazy prices I'm getting from implement places to get me one. Then you add $150 worth of freight, and it gets real expensive.

Latest posts