Bush Hog

Help Support CattleToday:

i didnt have any prob with bushhog getting warranty work done on a posthole digger.took it to their dealer an they did the work no prob.

i bought my bush hog aug. 2010 and the dealer has worked on it with out any luck. the last time i talked to him (aug,2011) he wanted to try more parts to try and cure the problem but could not get them till late october,2011. i have talked to bush hog four times this past year and each time they have told me they would solve the problem and would call me back to tell me what they were going to do,still waiting for the first call.a new 2212 bush hog i4 months old that i have never been able to finish a job with. i realize the dealer is important but the warranty is bush hog. i expect to be called if that is what i am told not hang up and forget about it like they done four times. i am glad you had a simple fix.

UPFROMBOTTOM mentioned flail mowers and I just wanted to say that I saw one of those mowers clearing a two acre lot where I work. Took the guy about 3 hours to clear everything off except trees bigger than 8 inches or so. Mind you, this was a heavy duty mower mounted on the front of a skid steer and he could take down a six inch tree about as fast as he could lower the mower - all the way to the ground. When he got through the lot looked like a park with small chips covering the ground.

Here's a site that has some good pictures of flail mowers. Not promoting this company or anything, just showing pictures.

http://www.libertyflailmowers.com/

Animal Track Farm":3vzxzrd2 said:
I appreciate the replies. I found a website for the Lowery cutter. They are built in Alabama. I think I will go look at the one the dealer has and compare it to others.
Lowery bro equipment in Boaz,,, stuff built a little to light for my use

Remember that a heavy duty mower is heavier(duh) and needs good size tractor. I run a medium duty 6 ft. mower with a 40 hp ford 3000. All i do is clip pasture and clean up the ditches and don't try to mow down little trees. Never had a pin break. If you are not clearing brush or heavy fescue, you may not need such a heavy duty mower.

Douglas":24uzpkwx said:
Remember that a heavy duty mower is heavier(duh) and needs good size tractor. I run a medium duty 6 ft. mower with a 40 hp ford 3000. All i do is clip pasture and clean up the ditches and don't try to mow down little trees. Never had a pin break. If you are not clearing brush or heavy fescue, you may not need such a heavy duty mower.

Got a Rhino to do the same thing, when I need a real cutter I get the old Sidewinder. Got 220 acres to keep the roads and shooting lanes and food plots up on. If the tractor can push it over the Sidewinder will cut it, I would never try that with the Rhino. Rhino is what I consider light duty and it works fine in the pasture's along fence lines and such.

Had a Rhino. Did a few repairs. Loaned it to my uncle... Did a lot more repairs. :( Sold it before I had to do more repairs :cowboy: Cows have to eat most of the willows now - - sickle mower gets the rest.

I bought a new 6' Howse about 5 years ago. They seem to have good mechanical components but the deck is junk. The deck material is way too thin, gets beat up from rocks and other debris, has cracked and broke all over, and if you do any welding, the weld will hold but the deck will crack at the edge of the weld. I just contacted the local Vo-Tech school about building a new deck for me with heavier steel. The instructor seemed excited to have a project that requires reproducing an existing platform. I think I will try and get it to him this week.

Latest posts