Burial

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree that would be horrible. Them imagine never leave your mind either. 😓 All of which were horrible tragedy and unexpected, I'm sure didn't help.

Not to change the subject I couldn't imagine being a police officer, an ER doctor, nurse, EMT, fireman, seeing some of the things they see. Being 9-11 I still read stories about 9-11 I just couldn't imagine the trauma and life long impact that had on people's lives. From being at ground zero, to the loss of love ones, to the babies and young children that never met their families that died, to the dusk that cause people to died afterwards, to all the rescue people seeing what they saw. Here we are talking about funerals this people I'm sure saw some bad things along with our military.
My brother in law was a road policeman for a number of years. Saw some horrible things. He was able to handle it until he had his own kids, then he had to transfer to a different department.

My brother in law was a road policeman for a number of years. Saw some horrible things. He was able to handle it until he had his own kids, then he had to transfer to a different department.
Working inpatient on a cancer floor when I was in my 20's, I've cleaned up enough dead people to make them presentable for their families that I've totally become numb. I get angry more than tearful about people dying for absolutely no sensible reason, but I've lost my "cry."
On an odd note, does anyone else's family take pictures of folks in their caskets, or is it just my relatives? Had one aunt who used to always have a chin whisker. The funeral home pulled it before the funeral-changed her whole identity.
I guess funerals and death don't scare me because of my faith. Losing people for stupid reasons also makes me irritated and sad for the family left behind..

Last edited:
Working inpatient on a cancer floor when I was in my 20's, I've cleaned up enough dead people to make them presentable for their families that I've totally become numb. I get angry more than tearful about people dying for absolutely no sensible reason, but I've lost my "cry."
On an odd note, does anyone else's family take pictures of folks in their caskets, or is it just my relatives? Had one aunt who used to always have a chin whisker. The funeral home pulled it before the funeral-changed her whole identity.
I guess funerals and death don't scare me because of my faith. Losing people for stupid reasons also makes me irritated and sad for the family left behind..
No, one section of my heritage from a certain country get proffession photographers and videographers as if it was a wedding. I have always found it really really odd and weird. I often wonder if they sit down at night deciding what to watch and then decide on uncle freds funeral. Out comes the popcorn and lollies......ah no.

I have seen some in my family take photos. I just asked my wife and she said her family does it. We both find it odd.

I don't understand the pictures at funerals. I would maybe understand taking a picture for a relative that could attend, even than that's weird to me.
My friends mother passed away she texted me a picture of her in the casket. She was telling me how bad the funeral had her makeup amd hair so she redid it all. The funeral was in Texas so I didn't attend, even doe I loved her mother. Same friend's 13 yeae old daughter died from an asthma attack a little after that. They had all kind of pictures like it was a family photo shoot. Just odd to me but if it works for them. Of course she put them all on Facebook.
Same thing with my step son who died at 14. Horrible experience!!! His mother had a lady video and take pictures during the entire thing. Of course she puts them on Facebook. That's just sickening to me. Nobody wants to see a child in a coffin period it definitely shouldn't be displayed like they are normal pictures all over the internet. Use a picture of when the person was living.
Just my opinion it seems disrespectful. I know my love ones I have good pictures when they were living, I don't need one of them dead. That isn't an image I want to remember nor have a picture of.
When my best friend died in 2005 her uncle came to the funeral kept walking around taking tons and tons of pictures. Never said anything just took pictures, either like it was a crime scene or he was on vacation at some fantastic places. Weird to me. I wanted to punch the man didn't seem like the best idea.
What is the best song ya'll have heard at a funeral or weirdest?

Irritates me too when people act a fool and died. I want to slap them ask them what they were thinking....nevermind they dead. When a person commits suicide, I feel most of the time it could have been something they could have gotten past. After knowing many people to commit suicide out of the blue it's strange.
Geeze I want punch and slap people today. 😝🤷🏽‍♀️

The folk on my dads side took lots of pictures. I was really young, but I watched two of my great-aunts kiss their daddy on the lips at the end of the service before closing the lid.

My wife wanted to be cremated and she got her wish. She also wanted her ashes spread over the few acres we lived on, but I can't get her boys to agree on when to do it. Before leaving the funeral home I prepaid for my cremation. A year and a half later my wife's ashes are still in box in my office.

Attachments

• iseedeadppl.jpg
    iseedeadppl.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1
The folk on my dads side took lots of pictures. I was really young, but I watched two of my great-aunts kiss their daddy on the lips at the end of the service before closing the lid.

My wife wanted to be cremated and she got her wish. She also wanted her ashes spread over the few acres we lived on, but I can't get her boys to agree on when to do it. Before leaving the funeral home I prepaid for my cremation. A year and a half later my wife's ashes are still in box in my office.

Set a date tell them you will be spreading their mom's your wife ashes. Her birthday, mother day, ya'll anniversary, or some day that is special to you or her, otherwise they won't ever get together to do it.

People always have time for stuff they want to do. When it comes time for something they don't want to do they are busy.

Set a date tell them you will be spreading their mom's your wife ashes. Her birthday, mother day, ya'll anniversary, or some day that is special to you or her, otherwise they won't ever get together to do it.

People always have time for stuff they want to do. When it comes time for something they don't want to do they are busy.

Really I don't think I would even be that nice after a 1 1/2 years, I'd just do it myself. If they are to busy for that long.

I figure there's some sort of an issue with the youngest, which is why I'm not pushing anything. We've made it this far with only one small issue between us so I'm happy about that. Time will work itself out.

Folk do some odd things with death. I was shocked when a friend told me their dog had died and they put him in the freezer and not bury him until their adult son (who was in Montana fighting fires) got home.

I read this book years ago. It was an old western, Old Cowboy Ed Wright. What a great book, supposed to be true and I think it was. I wish I had kept that book. Anyway, these two old cowboys had gotten drunk in town and run out of money. Someone got killed and the undertaker needed someone to sit with the corpse. So these two old cowboys, needing money, took the job. Everything went well til the corpse sat up and blew out the candle. 😳

They couldn't get away fast enough, no money and they didn't care.

Folk do some odd things with death. I was shocked when a friend told me their dog had died and they put him in the freezer and not bury him until their adult son (who was in Montana fighting fires) got home.

Oh Lord!! Yea I believe I told ya'll this... my friend that had her chihuahua cremated... 😬 her dog got hit by a car she wasn't sure what she wanted to do bury him or have him cremated. Her mother had just died right before this alot for her to deal with. Her dad supposedly but the dog in an extra freezer she had at her shop. 2 weeks later I was talking to her she said she still had done anything with the dog. I'm like oh hell to the naw you have to deal with it. So I went to help her... she asked me to get the dog from upstairs out of the freezer. When I got up there the dog was in the refrigerator. 😲😯😬 I couldn't tell her I just hoped it didn't stink to bad or have bugs coming out of it. Some things I think is awful and I'll never live to get though the day God must really help me. That was definitely one of those days.

Anyone ever thought about a "Green Burial" ???

I told the wife to burn me like an Indian in front of the hay barn. Kinda like on the old westerns were they used some sticks and a Buffalo hide then built the fire underneath. Once I'm burned they can just push everything off to the side.

I have a friend's father who used to say that as far as he was concerned they could just drop him off the Brazos River bridge. He said he'd eaten a lot of fish in his life and it seemed fair to let them eat him.

Oh no he wasn't kidding. They do all kind of things to prepare a body for a funeral. I'll leave it at that if anybody like to learn more I'm sure Google could tell you.

To each their own. 🤷🏽‍♀️Nothing to me sounds great about burning a loved one. That's just weird and creepy to me. Yet so is burying a person after doing all this stuff to their body, putting them in a coffin, than that other thing the coffin goes in to keep the ground from caving in.... image all the land that's cemeteries. So one day when all the land is all build full of concrete building, houses ect. few trees and Forrest left will they take over the cemeteries?! Will they bury people over people or build over top the cemeteries? May sound odd yet look at all the cemeteries. Look at all the people coming in the country.

And your right remembering the person as who they were not as the person in the coffin. The person in the coffin is never the same. Funeral are awkward...

This year I went to two funerals. Both very strange the people had their one pointer finger pointing up. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 👆🏽 Not sure why or how both ended up like that very strange. At the same time I laughed cause it was so weird. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Not at the funeral of course. One was my best friends mother. She was so ticked about her mother's finger sticking up. When I called to tell her I'd went to another funeral in a totally different county same thing happened the lady had her finger sticking up I did laugh cause it was weird.

Are you sure it was the pointer finger?

I hate cold weather, if it gets below 50 degrees the weather man post hard freeze warning.
Just the opposite here, if I never spent another day somewhere it was warmer than 50 it would suit me fine. Virginia born and raised and I am a miserable son of a gun 8 months a year but I can't get my wife to move and I am to ugly to get another one.

Are you sure it was the pointer finger?
Lol !!! When they mount me and put me on display. I want to be mounted with both hands in the air with each middle finger giving the gawkers the bird !!! Lol !!!

And a sign displayed beside my coffin that says. All your SOB's can kiss me where the sun don't shine. And somebody take any preacher that's here calling down the fire and brim stone out hang him.

I want a keg of Budweiser on ice along with me and a frosted mug of it sitting on my coffin !!! Lol !!!

An old record player playing country music, the oldies full of Hank Williams tunes, along with George Straight, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Willey, Waylon and the boys ! etc...,

And great big sign that says. " I wasn't here for a long time !!! I was here for a good time !!! Lol !!!

Let the party begin. My true friends, I want all my true friends to pull one more all nighter celebrating with me. Just like we did when we were young bucks. Now I have just laid out how my funeral is going to be. When i go. Anybody who was fortunate enough to have made it to my visitation will have a story to tell that can't be topped. And the the luckiest of the bunch will be able to tell the story of how they found my old corps sitting in the back seat of their car when they got out of bed the next morning.

They will be able tell how they found me with a big smile, cigar in one hand. Mug of bud in the other still yet giving the bird with both hands at the same time !!!

I want my wife to be able to say. " He died like he lived. He was a crazy SOB !!! "

Personally I think all dieing is. Ending one adventure and beginning another. I truly beleave that. I am not a holly roller and hope to hell i don't wind up with a bunch of borring holly rollers. If I do i am sure they will send me to hell and I would prefer that and be happier for it.

Latest posts