Burgas Recipe

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
With much regret I won't be able to make it to Kentucky this weekend to watch Patch make history but was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for burgas. If not, I'll just stick with the mint juleps and catch what I can on the television.

Yeah but I was hoping some of you Kentucky folks would chime in with some secret authentic recipe.

Joe,

I am cooking something very similar to Burgoo right now in the crook pot. It is easy to make. I like to put succatash (canned) in it.

Caproni's On The River has great succatash.

Well I guess I'll fall back to plan B and open a can of Dinty Moore Stew and after a few drinks I probably won't care but somehow I just don't think it will be the same.

You can't get the recipe from your Aunt or another family member? I got to work but hopefully I will get home in time for the race. If not got the DVR set.

My girls with American Pharoah a couple weeks before he completed the triple crown. They were both more excited about that than any of the famous people they've met, and I can't say I blame em!

Farm Fence Solutions":2ydzanby said:
My girls with American Pharoah a couple weeks before he completed the triple crown. They were both more excited about that than any of the famous people they've met, and I can't say I blame em!

Good picture. I need to start getting my Derby face on. It is my favorite sporting event to watch.

Bright Raven":1x6oe88o said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1x6oe88o said:

Good picture. I need to start getting my Derby face on. It is my favorite sporting event to watch.

Long story short.....girl down the road takes off to chase a dream.....trains a few winners.....Bob Baffert calls......gets to exercise some of the good ones.....then gets to exercise the best ones.....etc. She's ponying one of the Derby horses this year....Keep an eye out for a tall, pretty blonde that can ride the hide off of one.

Farm Fence Solutions":3304escb said:
Bright Raven":3304escb said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3304escb said:

Long story short.....girl down the road takes off to chase a dream.....trains a few winners.....Bob Baffert calls......gets to exercise some of the good ones.....then gets to exercise the best ones.....etc. She's ponying one of the Derby horses this year....Keep an eye out for a tall, pretty blonde that can ride the hide off of one.

Will do.

Bright Raven":1w79o7wp said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1w79o7wp said:
First thing you need is a dead lamb......or the phone number for Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro.

That town is obsessed with BBQ.
My aunt lives in Owensboro. She says most locals prefer Old Hickory. Never been there, but I do love the mutton at Moonlite!

Farm Fence Solutions":rrzyjfdf said:

That's fantastic! Judging from the smiles I doubt they will ever forget that.

Clodhopper":1q2jwcm1 said:
Bright Raven":1q2jwcm1 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1q2jwcm1 said:
First thing you need is a dead lamb......or the phone number for Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro.

That town is obsessed with BBQ.
My aunt lives in Owensboro. She says most locals prefer Old Hickory. Never been there, but I do love the mutton at Moonlite!

This is one of the reasons that BBQ (food in general, really) is so hard on my beltline. It all tastes so dang good! I'll agree with the locals......for the most part. Old Hickory wins with the exception of Moonlite's Burgoo. :nod:

Latest posts